Best tire softener for back yard racing

Id personally cut like 50/50 depending on the purity of the goat. Cut it with xylene. As something to get some bite ATF and Xylene. If you want it pretty aggressive id go more Xylene in the mix. KKANIA has had luck with Naptha i believe he has spoke of.

Keep in mind you can kill a tire and wear it out super fast and lock a kart down with to much bite esp with goat. Not sure your surface ect but something to keep in mind. The 50/50 mix i mentioned does take a little time to soak in keep that in mind.

I would definitely try it cut 50/50 with either acro or a prep you normally use there that works for starters. Straight goat will dry them out pretty quick if you are doing this on the cheap a good cleaning and a spray of wd40 will put some oils back in them to somewhat help you not killing em.

Goat pee will lock a kart down if the track doesn’t call for it. If the track dries out goat pee can be bad.

Im with oval tech, gallon of wd-40 on the cheap and add something to open the pores. It sounds crazy but works. Everyone has their thing on prep ask 10 people get 20 answers. Its as bad if not worse than what motor oil to run ! Try stuff experiment on cheap older tires, Other wise your living on someone else's notebook. Not every notebook reads the same. Best of luck !

Last edited:
I’ve done that mix with Krug before. Better the track the less Krug/goat I’d use. He said he’s back yard racing, I doubt he’s going to need something punching over 40 🤷‍♂️ From the “good” back yard tracks around here those guys would love to be locked down lol. Usually someone or two show up with treads and chew it up and nobody can get ahold of anything.

Yes, I substitute acrysol for naphtha from your local hardware store, gallon for the price of a quart of acrysol works close enough for me to clean a tire and cut prep.

received_2413560988899008.jpeg
back yard racing in NC was legitimate!

Back