Best Tires for HARD track surfaces

At 3k speedway the largest class runs on spec tires and there have been many first time feature winners last season.No purses ,JUST FUN !

I bet your customers win races with your engines more so than your tire prep.
i would take a set of correctly prepped tires and a decent motor over a killer motor and decent tires.... brian carlson is a straight shooter, he has no reason to blow smoke up anyone's hind end. i have dealt with brian carlson with his prep and was very honest about it all. just my .02

I bet your customers win races with your engines more so than your tire prep.
I like to think it's because they have the "whole package" working together.
Like others have said, an "average" engine can look really good on the right set of tires.
A national level engine can be dog slow on the wrong set of tires.
It takes the whole package to be fast for sure. Current emphasis in our sport is tires tires tires -- whether that's cut and prepped, or new tires every time the car hits the track...If there's an advantage to be had, the fast guys will have it.

i would take a set of correctly prepped tires and a decent motor over a killer motor and decent tires.... brian carlson is a straight shooter, he has no reason to blow smoke up anyone's hind end. i have dealt with brian carlson with his prep and was very honest about it all. just my .02
Thanks, but I'm not just talking about our prep program -- there are plenty of other good tire guys out there that have their own deal. Yea, some are copies of others (or even bottled in the same place) but they've got stuff that works too.

At 3k speedway the largest class runs on spec tires and there have been many first time feature winners last season.No purses ,JUST FUN !
I missed your answer on if the track that you run at has a foolproof way to detect prep (I already explained how a duro does not check for prep - only preps that soften and not the ones that add bite without softening) and if they consider Simple Green a prep?

Again, I'm not dismissing that you guys are having fun -- that's awesome and all too forgotten in our sport...
but I keep hearing how this track or that track have a "no prep" rule and my head just spins because I know that it is not enforceable. The sprint car, late model, & modified big car sanctioning bodies can't get a real handle on it either.
The same has happened with winged outlaw and kart tracks going to treaded tire rules.
We cut and prep more and more of those every week here in our shop and they are considerably more expensive than dirt slicks. Totally counterproductive rule if it's intent was to get rid of cutting and prepping and/or to save the racers money.

Thanks, but I'm not just talking about our prep program -- there are plenty of other good tire guys out there that have their own deal. Yea, some are copies of others (or even bottled in the same place) but they've got stuff that works too.
I was mostly talking about your honesty and integrity as a person. Sorry for the late reply i just got out of the hosptial from a surgery on thursday so havent been on here lol

Believe it or not. Maxxis els scuffed really good on about 4psi to 5 psi will rip. On a hard hard track . Especially when there's a black racing groove . Most people hate them tires but I love them. I'll watch guys use degreaser and take prep out while I just watch the races and wait for the track to get black. Now granted if I'm going to run early heat races I'll go with pinks and blues as the track is probably slick after being watered between practice sessions. But if I'm a late feature I just leave on the els and do nothing until race time. Doesn't work for all but does for me.

Back