Best way to check and set toe

I've got a caster/camber gauge but no toe plates or lasers. Is measuring from inside rim side-to-side a sufficient way of checking toe? I'm in the process of building back up my tools for karting, and want to know when I get in a position to buy an alignment product is it worth the money for a laser system or will using some kart toe plates be just as reliable? I'm a one man operation for context.

Toe plates are just as easy. Many on here still like the old method with the 4' level. I just tried this myself and it works great.

Toe plates are just as easy. Many on here still like the old method with the 4' level. I just tried this myself and it works great.
What exactly is that 4’ level method? I’ve read and heard a lot of people talk about it but for the life of me I can’t figure out how a 4’ level will help me set my toe. Please if you could explain this to me because I’ve probably got 10 of them things laying around and don’t want to spend money of a kart specific toe plate set up if I don’t have to lol

I've got a caster/camber gauge but no toe plates or lasers. Is measuring from inside rim side-to-side a sufficient way of checking toe? I'm in the process of building back up my tools for karting, and want to know when I get in a position to buy an alignment product is it worth the money for a laser system or will using some kart toe plates be just as reliable? I'm a one man operation for context.

Yes that will work .

What exactly is that 4’ level method? I’ve read and heard a lot of people talk about it but for the life of me I can’t figure out how a 4’ level will help me set my toe. Please if you could explain this to me because I’ve probably got 10 of them things laying around and don’t want to spend money of a kart specific toe plate set up if I don’t have to lol

Scroll down 25 posts , (best way to set and check toe ) .

Back