best way to mount tires

i would love to learn how to mount the LF EL tire without cutting the bead and not have to cuss at it for about 2 hours and then finally just give up.

Take a close look at your rims too....often one side has a slightly smaller diameter. Mount from that side... :)

I do them by hand, and I also file all sharp edges off of my wheels with wheel mounted on an arbor in my lathe, you do need strong hands. if you can't do this way, pay someone else to do it. also never use screwdrivers, use spoons designed for M-Cycle tires, less chance to cut anything.

Always mount the tires from the back side of the wheel when mounting them, it will make it alot easier on you. Also, with stiff new tires like the EL or Unilli, it helps to put the tires in a hotbox or something and get them warmed up to around 80-100* before trying to get them on the rim, then let them cool down before putting the air to them to pop the bead on. Good point on not using screwdrivers, or anything that wasnt designed for mounting/dismounting tires, very easy way to ruin the bead. I like the tire spoons that you can buy at any local motorcycle/atv shop

Back