Better engine balancing?

Right now I have it temporarily connected to a water pump for a load. It is not being overworked, probably only around 3-4hp is all the pump uses. At typical full governed speed, it's relatively smooth for what it is, it's only when I turn down the throttle the whole thing shakes just a little bit more. This is probably "normal" for a cheap factory engine, I'm just wondering if I can solve that or if I'm just expecting too much from a single cylinder engine? It could perhaps be a tuning issue, I need to get a good adjustable carb.

I don't "need" a lot of performance parts for the sake of horsepower, but, I'm going to be replacing a bunch of parts in the name of high durability and easy repairs. I want to get the piston skirt coated with a lubricating coating and the piston top and combustion chamber/valves ceramic coated. I'm trying to make the engine as high efficiency as I can.

Is it possible to find a heavier flywheel than the standard steel/cast iron flywheel they come with? I know most people are more interested in lightening it...
After reading you posts and all the answers. I have one comment to make. You need to take the engine to builder who knows what he is doing and get him to try to please you.
But remember you just bought the cheapest engine on planet earth! As many have said you can balance an engine to run at a certain speed, That just happens to be 3750 for the Chinese clones. They an made in factory with little quality control. Due to the low price. So 3750 rpm is their target. Much above that they vibrate, much below that they vibrate. They will still vibrate at 3750. After all, it is a single cylinder engine. And can be only balanced on a single plane. And if you are running the stock flywheel , balance it. Then balance the Camshaft! LOL

Last edited:
Back