Big cam 1:1 rockers OR small cam ratio rockers

Which one pulls harder? Or which do u prefer

To be fair in this Its hard to tell by the seat of your pants BUT jmo from running both it feels like the 356 takes
a little longer to get up to rpm but is a rocket after that.the 308 comes on strong but feels to peak out as were
the 356 keeps pulling.again jmo and from what the tac is showing.:)

Tell me where I'm wrong, if you could get the higher lift cam in the engine, you could grind the profile to get the exact same acceleration and deceleration rates as the 1-3 rockers.
I don't believe U R wrong Al and U hit on the real problem . Any cam with lifts above .350" need some clearancing an U can't go much farther without "Bottoming Out " the lifters to the block in many clones . 1.5's R being made now and no telling what ratio's Gage Motor Sports is coming up with on their new "Needle Bearing" design . I'm hearing 1.35-1.4 might B in the works . I just tested these beauties ."Black Venom". Cool Name , lol

The Dyno CM is .265 lift. 26 lb springs will be ok with 1:2 ratio rockers, but might be in the low side with 1:3 because it will increase the lift to around .345. You should be ok if you don't try and turn the engine over 8000.
Got a 212 Predator hemi with same cam and springs with stainless steel valve kit , chrome moly posh rods billet rod , flywheel was thinking of adding 1.2 ratio rockers and cut some pockets on my piston for clearance. My question is do you see any concerns or things I need to upgrade/ or add. Thank you In advance

Got a 212 Predator hemi with same cam and springs with stainless steel valve kit , chrome moly posh rods billet rod , flywheel was thinking of adding 1.2 ratio rockers and cut some pockets on my piston for clearance. My question is do you see any concerns or things I need to upgrade/ or add. Thank you In advance
this is from 2016

If your going to get ratios get the 1.3 We run those with a mod 2 cam and it pulls it's butt off on a small tight corners track. Plus it puts you around .300 so you don't have to cut the pockets.

Let me touch on this again after reading your post. Yes you can cut some reliefs in the piston I would suggest it. And you will find after you do there is a good amount of room to shave the head. I thought you were talking about the pockets under the valve spring. You need to watch out for coil bind when running alot of lift in these Hemi predators.

Let me touch on this again after reading your post. Yes you can cut some reliefs in the piston I would suggest it. And you will find after you do there is a good amount of room to shave the head. I thought you were talking about the pockets under the valve spring. You need to watch out for coil bind when running alot of lift in these Hemi predators.

Yes there is little room to work with. Not very forgiving with high lift cams.

I know this thread is old better has anyone tell me if they tried a bigger lift cam onthe intake side and small on the exhuast side or a 1.3 on the intake and 1.2 on the exhuast what would this be better then having the same lift on both side

Back