Big Purse Set for PRO GAS ANIMAL at SOUTH BEND GOLD CUP August 15-17

PURSE STRUCTURE ANNOUNCED FOR SOUTH BEND GOLD CUP
SENIOR PRO GAS TO PAY $2,500 PURSE, WILL PAY BACK 10 SPOTS EACH DAY

CONCORD, N.C. – The Senior Pro Gas Animal classes will pay back a $2,500 purse this August 15-17 at the Van-K Wheels / MGM Chassis RLV Gold Cup Series Nationals at Michiana Raceway Park near South Bend, Indiana.

John Zobkiw’s Year Around Tax Service of Rochester, N.Y., has stepped up to post the $2,500 purse at South Bend. Saturday and Sunday’s Senior Pro Gas Animal main events will pay back 10 spots in an effort to spread the purse as much as possible to as many racers and teams as possible.

Saturday’s Pro Gas Animal main will pay $300 to win while Sunday’s main event will pay $500 to win.

Friday night’s Pro Gas Animal Money Race will pay the traditional 75 percent payback to top-five finishers.

Here is the purse structure for Saturday and Sunday’s Pro Gas Animal mains at South Bend Gold Cup.

SATURDAY, AUG. 16 PRO GAS ANIMAL PURSE
1ST - $300
2ND - $200
3RD - $150
4TH - $125
5TH - $100
6TH - $75
7TH - $50
8TH - $50
9TH - $50
10TH - $50
TOTAL - $1,150.00

SUNDAY, AUG. 17 PRO GAS ANIMAL PURSE
1ST - $500
2ND - $200
3RD - $150
4TH - $125
5TH - $100
6TH - $75
7TH - $50
8TH - $50
9TH - $50
10TH - $50
TOTAL - $1.350.00

GRAND TOTAL - $2,500.00

In addition to the $2,500 purse, each day’s Senior Pro Gas main will offer a special $50 bonus to the Hard Charger as the driver who advances the most positions in the feature, sponsored by KartKandy.com.

Click http://worldkarting.com/downloads/eb-2014/MRP_goldcup.pdf for the Van-K Wheels / MGM Chassis Nationals entry form.

Pre-registration is open until August 8.

Mail completed entry forms to WKA at 6051 Victory Lane; Concord, NC 28027; scan to keith@worldkarting.com or fax to 704-455-1609.

###

Thanks to John Zobkiw’s Year Around Tax Service of Rochester, N.Y. for stepped up to post the $2,500 purse at South Bend!

Steve

Any feel for how many LO206 Sr racers are coming to this race?

Would it help if $$$ and product awards were offered?

Any feel for how many LO206 Sr racers are coming to this race?

Would it help if $$$ and product awards were offered?

Money and awards always help, but not sure how much. I don't know how many LO206s there are in Northern Indiana, but in Central Indiana I doubt many head up. SIRA has a race in Hagerstown, IN with a $4,000 purse. New Castle does not have a club race that weekend. Maybe some of their regulars will make the trip...

I wish I could get Friday's off to come race Gold Cup. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening. There is no way I would show up on Saturday after everyone else has a full day of practice in on me.

Alcohol Animal classes are Animal Medium at 360# and Animal Heavy Mix at 390# for alcohol, 375# for Pro Gas Animal. Both classes run Saturday and Sunday.

2014 WKA Gold Cup Pro Gas Animal racers continues to grow!

Gary Lawson
Tyler Sandmeyer
Dustin Demattia
Joshua Stiefel
Scott Kleman
Tanner Lee
Mike Greiner
Cayla Chapman
Matthew Horst
Sean Meier
Dylan Zobkiw
Corey Towles
Ryan Taylor
Sarah Luoma
Nick Cole
Chris Newman
Jason Birdsell
Douglas Schmidt
Chris Osgood
Zack Clark
Carter Schlenke
Mike Curran
Grant Kanfield
Joey Kuley
Davey Hazard
Matt Skaggs
Russell Stevens
Wiley Holcombe
Joseph Skaggs
Nic Harrington
Brad Buskirk
Matthew Kessinger
Randall Landes
Travis Manning
Joey Miller
Jacob Heavlow
Jimmy Heavlow

Forecast is looking a little crazy, but rain or shine they are handing out checks!!! SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Saturday at MRP Brian Bass, owner of Van-K Wheels, will be in attendance and will be providing racers with a special BBQ cookout after the races are complete! Brian did some cooking at VIR Road Race a few weeks ago and it was terrific. He has a small competition cooker that will cook enough brisket to feed 60-80 people, he figures. There will be a few small side items. First come, first serve until food runs out...

Brian is a great sponsor of the Gold Cup and is traveling to South Bend from the Charlotte area, so be sure to get some food Saturday night after the LO206 Shootout and thank him! He's cooking for us free of charge and is happy to do it!

Also fitting that this weekend is the Van-K Wheels / MGM Chassis Nationals! The first time Van-K or MGM have title sponsored a WKA Gold Cup national!

Thanks Brian and Van-K!!

LOTS OF MONEY ON THE LINE THIS WEEKEND... HOPE TO SEE SOME BIG FIELDS AND AWESOME 4-CYCLE SPRINT RACING AT MRP!

Friday night Senior Money Race
Top Five... 75% payback.

Saturday Senior Pro Gas Animal
1ST - $300
2ND - $200
3RD - $150
4TH - $125
5TH - $100
6TH - $75
7TH - $50
8TH - $50
9TH - $50