Biggest mistake made when trying to find speed

Buying the next "big thing" preps only to find that your current products were just being used incorrectly.
Blaming the motor for bad tires
NOT listening to the driver even though he is only 12!!

1. Deviating from simplicity
2. Not watching the track as it gets faster or slower.
3. Trusting in “undetectable” additives aka snake oil.

Most all racers have a good system and a good baseline that works well for them! Up or down a tooth. Up or down 0.1-0.3 on tire pressure. Wipe a little more or a little less prep.

Make simple adjustments. Drive it hard and keep it smooth to keep it wound up.

Sometimes extreme circumstances necessitate taking risks and making big changes however the small simple changes are always the most reliable. If I am moving washers on the front end or moving the LR in or out at the track we are in left field and just trying to get it to turn left not find speed.

Nothing wrong with 42 sets of tires, but I've only got 6 preps, and haven't found a need to have any more than that
My buddy used to tell me all the time i was beating myself.i believe it now.k.i.s.s
I used to think he didnt know what he was talking about but his results was better than mine.he never scaled his kart but he done it so much he knew he would come in move the seat around move a tire out here and there and back off he went

My buddy used to tell me all the time i was beating myself.i believe it now.k.i.s.s
I used to think he didnt know what he was talking about but his results was better than mine.he never scaled his kart but he done it so much he knew he would come in move the seat around move a tire out here and there and back off he went
Went through that with tire prep 🥳 always runs full circle to hot lap and the basics for me

Back