Biland question

Can a Biland be made to run with the UAS? What can be done to increase the power?
It absolutely can run with the Unlimiteds.
Run it first to see if it even needs any attending to.
You MUST get handling, tires, setup and driving right, before even thinking about creating more power.
It certainly can be improved power wise, however. Much doubt if it needs any improving.

Do you have a Biland 250 or thinking about getting one. twin piston tons of torque , twin plugs they are a hand full to drive. And the clutch is very strong like driving a direct drive kart. If you need more info leave me your number , I own 2 complete Biland 250 on shifter karts low hours on them one kart only has 6 hours and the other only has 1/2 hour on motor they are still new and best part is after 400 hours when they need rebuilt they are up at my lake house on west side of Atlanta,GA I will also sell them .

IMO a Biland is not gonna get it done for UAS these days, there not really that strong. They rate them at about 35 HP on gas, seriously PD you don't think that needs to be improved for UAS?. Did you see what 70 HP looked like at Carnsville the last UAS race there? The Biland is very well designed for what it is and is not gonna be easily improved, stock ports are done very well not much left there, you can put it on alky , raise the compression and increase cam lift and duration gaining top at the expence of some bottom, but you will have to grind your own cam as nothing is available for it. They were brought into karting pretty much for a class of their own,. They are a fun ride and as George mentioned their stock clutch slip is very low, about fully hooked before you get off the grid, not really suited to more top and less bottom. Twin reedjets, even twin modified KT's will kill it on HP not to mention the rotary, the Jawa, or any good 150 smoker. They would need one heck of a weight break and a little track with low grip to have a chance.

IMO a Biland is not gonna get it done for UAS these days, there not really that strong. They rate them at about 35 HP on gas, seriously PD you don't think that needs to be improved for UAS?. Did you see what 70 HP looked like at Carnsville the last UAS race there? The Biland is very well designed for what it is and is not gonna be easily improved, stock ports are done very well not much left there, you can put it on alky , raise the compression and increase cam lift and duration gaining top at the expence of some bottom, but you will have to grind your own cam as nothing is available for it. They were brought into karting pretty much for a class of their own,. They are a fun ride and as George mentioned their stock clutch slip is very low, about fully hooked before you get off the grid, not really suited to more top and less bottom. Twin reedjets, even twin modified KT's will kill it on HP not to mention the rotary, the Jawa, or any good 150 smoker. They would need one heck of a weight break and a little track with low grip to have a chance.

X2....plus, you can buy a complete used Jawa with motorcycle for 3500. I thought about buying a bike and taking it to Lawrenceburg, IN and riding it and then selling it.....to a friend so he can put it on a kart but rumor has it that he might already have a lead on just an engine. Anyway, I might buy an enduro instead. I always wanted to road race too. I wanted to see if I could make a Bully last for 45 min in those harsh conditions.
I know...changing topics....sorry.
Mike

A Biland certainly can be made to be competitive in UAS.
Get one, and I'll prove it.
Rated hp, you can't do this, you cannot do that!!
Says who?

$500 for a Biland? Thatñs agift. They used to be extremely expensive in Europe when FIA tried to convince us that was the way to go. In theory, yes, many hours between rebuilds, but make it faster and you´ll see that hours cut and hurt reliability. And a rebuild is not cheap at all. Now if you blow it you´d better throw it away because parts, if you even find them, used to be very expensive. water cooled Other than that I have spent hours at a sprint track with a guy running one and good last generation water cooled 100ccI CA reeds were faster. Even some older engines. You also have tpo consider weight. Very fast out of the turns though.

Back