Billet Animal Jr Race Car

I saw this on the JR Race Car website today, I know they have done billet animal stuff but I don't know if they have ever gone this aggressive. Looks like an all billet animal. Thought all the Animal enthusiest would think this is cool.
slide-4__55157.jpg

In karting that would be an Open motor and at 4900 or more bucks there are less expensive ways to go. Like a 450F, a number of purpose built 2 strokes, several bike 250's, you get the picture. Its a nice piece but isnt built to accelerate, decelerate, or have a wide torque curve. I didnt read their site to see what kind of HP numbers they make.

I couldnt find any more info on it but I would say it is making over 32-34hp at least. Correct me if I am wrong but that seems pretty accurate I would think. I completely agree you Mike on there are alot of other ways to go fast for cheaper. The karts in open at my local track are the ones who have a stock appearing motor and only have 1500 in there motor where as some of the people who come with over 3000 in there motor alone cant stay hooked up where as with the stock appearing motor you are making just about the right amount of power at around 18-24 horse maybe a tad more but not much more but they can stay hooked up where as the people with dirt bike motors or 2 strokes can't.

I couldnt find any more info on it but I would say it is making over 32-34hp at least. Correct me if I am wrong but that seems pretty accurate I would think. I completely agree you Mike on there are alot of other ways to go fast for cheaper. The karts in open at my local track are the ones who have a stock appearing motor and only have 1500 in there motor where as some of the people who come with over 3000 in there motor alone cant stay hooked up where as with the stock appearing motor you are making just about the right amount of power at around 18-24 horse maybe a tad more but not much more but they can stay hooked up where as the people with dirt bike motors or 2 strokes can't.
The guys who run those things at the top level do get them hooked up. Its simple, take an equal amount of money you spent on the motor and spend it on tires, chassis detail, and everything it takes to make the kart quickly go around corners.

I agree 100% the karts at national level are hooked up and FLYING around the tracks. I was talking for my local track which is an 1/8th mile track so the UAS stuff doesnt do as good on it as the stock appearing and more calm open builds. But yes I agree with you 100% that on a bigger track with more grip the people who are national level contenders with UAS Karts and stuff liek that would smoke stock appearing karts everyday of the week and would probably put many kart lengths on them in the process.

That's funny when you say local or national level. Here in the southeast the competition is pretty stiff when you show up for a race you will have to contend with drivers like (Seay, Gilbert, Chavous,,Hollyfield,Yow) just to name a few. Three of them won national championships and two won multiple times in the UAS division. Just saying I'm done later Chuck.

We have built a few of these (early versions) now, and they are indeed beasts.
BUT, they are limited (even with their tall block) on cubes.
There's no replacement for displacement.

As far as cost....there are much cheaper ways to make HP -- the MX engines would be the obvious choice.
Twice the HP and built to last 100,000 miles.

Hooking up the power is a whole other discussion. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

That's funny when you say local or national level. Here in the southeast the competition is pretty stiff when you show up for a race you will have to contend with drivers like (Seay, Gilbert, Chavous,,Hollyfield,Yow) just to name a few. Three of them won national championships and two won multiple times in the UAS division. Just saying I'm done later Chuck.
People with the bigger motors have a harder time staying hooked up to the track so there are usually a lot of FAST guys but they cant stay hooked up like the stock appearing guys who are local.

Small track or large track really does not matter much with the guy's that have it figured out. The top dogs in UAS don't care what size track it is everyone has to run the same track. True tires go away a lot sooner with the big HP. but most still like the big HP. laterChuck.

Supposed to be approximately 40hp for the thumper and 50hp for the punisher, last time I talked to them they were still haggling with NHRA about something. And they wouldn't turn any loose to us dirt trackers until they released to everyone.

The Animal has been used in Jr Drag for a while. I ran a Built Predator making about 24horse but never ran under NHRA always IHRA. I am gonna do some digging to see what that's all about.

Back