Billet Head

mike check out mike clements or belmitt. i know matt sachs used to make them but i dont know if he does anymore or not. minidragbike might have one also.

No he does not know fore sure! LOL Never messed with 270 stuff. User on here cubcadet70 (I think) will know. Hes the 270 man.

i have never tried it but i think it will work , and prolly give you extra compression . Jeff Stump will know for surre
C'mon Mike.
The 390 has a much larger combustion chamber than a 270.
The 390 head will fit the 270 about like a small block Chev head will fit a 454. Entirely different pieces of hardwarel

I think the platform could be welded up and redesigned pd, I do this on all my honda heads and it makes big power increases. I would have to get one in my hands and see I guess. Thanks for all the input guys.

I assumed the question was whether or not a 390 would fit the 270.
It won't.
If after re-design, re-welding it fits on a 270, then it is no longer a 390. Make sense??

I assumed the question was whether or not a 390 would fit the 270.
It won't.
If after re-design, re-welding it fits on a 270, then it is no longer a 390. Make sense??

depends if the deck extension is welded up, drilled and tapped to match the head, or if the head is welded, drilled and tapped to match the original block.

In any case the two are not interchangeable. End of discussion from my end.
You could bolt a Chrysler hemi on, with sufficient alterations.

Pd before I posted that I was informed that the head would fit so my thought would be to weld it up, that's what made sense to me.

Back