bite chemicals

Not sure on which chemicals, but some mixes are TS1, LS 1, Hot lap, Black Sand, Trackside hard, to name a few , most every prep line has a bite only chemical usually bite in the name, or hard track.

Some of these preps aren't "JUST" for bite, but a some are. But, it also doesn't mean that's all they do. VERY broad topic. There are some individual chemicals that people will mix with other chemicals making their own prep that are known to give bite, but they also aren't working exactly the same as these preps listed below. If you're looking for Chemicals to mix to make your own bite preps, you'll have to do a lot of searching or experimenting. I've gathered some info on some of those chemicals.

Monster bite
Black bite 2.0
Carlson motorsports

Black Sand
SST5 Purple
Track Tac

Venom Purple
Venom Juice Ch3 Edition(Older Venom, and Kevin Bishop Venom could be slightly different.)

Black Bite
Slight bite
FTS

Southern Comfort Purple
Southern Comfort

Gambler Blue
Gambler inside Red(Can be used to build bite or just fire tires) Mainly used before heading to the grid.
Gambler Racing products

TS1
Liquid speed

Bite365
Casey's Backstretch Shine

Last edited:
To make it simple, When prepping a tire you are de-vulcanized rubber.
Basic chemicals you buy at Home Depot are pretty much defined from mineral spirits.
Think of it as each chemical is the size of a coin, The more aggressive the chemical the smaller the coin. The smaller the chemical it’ll get deeper into the tire. Typically the more aggressive chemical will evaporate quicker also.

MEK= Penny
Acetone = Dime
Thinner=Nickle
Xylene = quarter
Now add Something mixed in such as ATF to slow down the evaporation rate

I Hope this helps….

Acrysol is a mix of a few chemicals, Naptha, I think Xylene, maybe something else.

Acetone is generally used in a different situation, but is generally considered a little more aggressive than Acrysol.

Last edited:
I agree acetone is pretty aggressive .
I use it to clean up after fiberglass work .
Not much cuts fiberglass.

I agree acetone is pretty aggressive .
I use it to clean up after fiberglass work .
Not much cuts fiberglass.
The craziest part, women sit for hours at a nail salon with their hands sitting in acetone soaking off fake nails, or 30 minutes + soaking off regular nail polish.

Back