Black sand tire storage

Smr#17

My tires were last wiped with black sand, final race got rained out so we’re done for the yr. how will black sand do for storage or should I wipe with something else.

depends what you want the tire to do... if you want it to harden up a tad over winter let it be.... if you want to preserve it “ and I know I’ll get castrated for this one” spray it down with WD40 to put some oil back in it or prep and atf or a conditioning prep like many sell with heavy oils in it and let it be till spring. 9 chances out of 10 your gonna deglaze everything before the season anyhow. I use blacksand a lot and that’s what I normally do to mine.

I know the black sand make the tire really greasy after application so I didn’t know if that would put good oils in the tire or not

I believe their (Trac Tac's) Mint is Black Sand & Tire Tuff mixed -- that would be a good wipe for storing tires I would think.
The Black Sand won't hurt anything, but it should NOT be greasy on the surface. Either the tire's sealed over, over wiped, applied to heavy in 1 coat, or something else wrong. A wipe or two of Tire Tuff original would be good if you want to stay with TT's product line.

Don't worry ovaltech1, I won't hurt you -- WD40 is GREAT for repelling water. Mixing it with some ATF "could" help a little.
It certainly won't hurt your tires, but it wouldn't be my first (or second) choice.

Of course my first choice is Pink Panther Thick Formula.
Only available at Carlson Motorsports. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back