Bleading brakes

Dont we blead brakes to get the air bubbles out of the lines so that we can stop faster and because those air bubbles can cause you to stop slower, plus do we bleed the brakes before every race

Also to avoid a soft and spongy pedal. If you are having to bleed brakes before every race then you have any air leak most likely. And then that means you have a leak so your pedal is probably spongy.

A lot of the tubing that we use sprint and oval racing is clear and you will actually the bubbles in the lines. I'll say its more common for us to bleed the brakes on the sprint karts than the oval karts. Also adjusting the pads is critical. Certain pads glaze over, again more noticeable sprint racing. Here is a link to my youtube channel of how we bleed the brakes in our shop, this on one of our vintage rear engine sprint karts that uses modern brakes for safety.

If it's an old kart and doesn't have a leak, it's a good idea to change out the fluid, lines, pads and seals

A lot of the tubing that we use sprint and oval racing is clear and you will actually the bubbles in the lines. I'll say its more common for us to bleed the brakes on the sprint karts than the oval karts. Also adjusting the pads is critical. Certain pads glaze over, again more noticeable sprint racing. Here is a link to my youtube channel of how we bleed the brakes in our shop, this on one of our vintage rear engine sprint karts that uses modern brakes for safety.
I race dirt oval karts

I race dirt oval karts
Doesn't matter. I race ovals on pavement and dirt, sprint tracks in vintage and modern karts and run the same brake system on all of them. If you have MCP brakes on the karts, that video uses an MCP on 1963 vintage kart even. The video will show you how we bleed the system in the shop pre-race. One thing I will say is that I don't adjust the pads the same with oval vs sprint.

Back