Block Bearings

MAS

What’s the best way to press the crankshaft bearings into the block and side over?

They do not press into the block and side cover, they are a slip fit. They do press onto the crankshaft though, but most sand the crank down and make that a slip fit also. I’m assuming you’re talking about Briggs or clone. If you talking 2 smoke, I don’t know.

They do not press into the block and side cover, they are a slip fit. They do press onto the crankshaft though, but most sand the crank down and make that a slip fit also. I’m assuming you’re talking about Briggs or clone. If you talking 2 smoke, I don’t know.
Ya I’ve got a clone engine block that came with a bearing but I wasn’t exactly sure the best procedure for putting them in the block and side cover

They are definitely not a drop in pocket bearing. They are drawn in or pressed in. I freeze the bearing, warm the block and sidecover to 150 degrees or so and draw them in with all thread and washers.

They are definitely not a drop in pocket bearing. They are drawn in or pressed in. I freeze the bearing, warm the block and side over to 150 degrees or so and draw them in with all thread and washers.
Can you press them in with a bearing driver?

I would use the driver washers and a long bolt and draw them in equally I would not hammer or press on it myself. That’s not how I do it anyhow.

Last edited:
Back