Blue Plate help

No way to know for sure the key and keyway dictate the final outcome .
Arc has 2 different flywheels , new and old two different timings . The old one has less , is 24 so add 7 , 31* . Its marked on the flywheel .

Last edited:
Those models (as well as the 2013 date models) are at 24 degrees BTDC with a stock key. The best way is to use a timing light and point it at the coil while spinning the engine to see exactly where the coil is firing. Some coils have been known to fire a little different. Those flywheels use the old style magnet design and should fire when the leading edge of the magnet (the first line with grey putty) is just past center of the right hand coil leg. We changed the way the magnet reads the coil in January of 2013 and all the models since then will fire when the leading edge of the magnet (first line with grey putty) is lined up with the right hand edge of the coil. Just like the old tech procedure

Just a reminder that all 6619, 6625, 6626 and 6602 flywheels for the Honda Gx200/196Clone, Old style Predator 212, Hemi Head Predator 212 and the Ultra Light Flywheels will now come with 8 degrees of timing advance.

This means that with a STOCK KEY you will have 32 degrees of ignition timing. These flywheels will come with a 2014 date code and "32 degrees timing advance" engraved into the flywheel body. It will also come with a slip of paper reminding you of the timing advance and coil gap requirements.

I haven't ran restricted classes . I do think the run upwards of 33* maybe as high as 37* . I hope someone who knows chimes in .

My bad. Tired when i read it. I run anywhere from 32 to 38 but lately the way i am doing my heads i am landing around 34

Back