Blue Vegas

00fatcat

Looking for suggestions on prepping Blues for a low bite dusty track. Currently run Yellows and they are fast but have heard there is a lot of speed to be had with the Blues. Blacksand cut 50/50 works real well here with the Yellows here. Never have run the Blues and want to give them a try. Thanks

^ Yep - I agree. If you build a lot of heat in the tires (abrasive track or high HP application) then the blues seem better suited to handle that abuse without the lap times falling off. If you're not killing the yellows, stick with them.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I will disagree. I think the Blues are a better tire for low bite than for high bite. I would roll 3oz on the inside and wipe with your same external.

We actually won on Vega Reds there at a money race once. But the tires were cheap and prepped to the hilt. Thanks for all the info guys!

Just a little feed back on the Vega blue MCH tire form this past weekend at Volusia Karting speedway Barberville, FL
for the http://vegadirtseriesfl.com/ race #1 Some races were won on one set of tires used all day from practice to the end of the race day some used more then one set. Some racers purchased a set at the track and mounted them up and just a few wipes and they were setting some fast time's for there class. It was a hot day at the track and the best weather any racer could ask for here in sunny Florida. Tire duro were in the low to mid 50's. Special thanks to the 200 entry's that supported the Vega series
Thanks Raymond

Last edited:
Back