Bodies - Why the move back to "high" side panels?

BusterD

Got out of karting in 03 and missed the transition to "swoop" style sides. Now I see the Deuce has moved Phantom back to "high" sides. I've seen other brand bodies and kart manufacturers with newer high sides as well. What gives?

Idk but holding out. Until I see performance gain... both our boys started on swoop side and continue on them. Only way I see it helping is on a super speedway type application. I think it’s preference and maybe more sponsor/graphic realestate

Idk but holding out. Until I see performance gain... both our boys started on swoop side and continue on them. Only way I see it helping is on a super speedway type application. I think it’s preference and maybe more sponsor/graphic realestate
there is no performance gain between either, its all choice.
When the swoops came out they offered no gains, and they still dont offer any

I ran the hi side bodies and actually still prefer them. This season however I bought one of Halbert’s swoop bodies. I see no difference to the good or bad. Just a bit of lacking in the side protection department due to the low side and low nerf. I think the super hi sides are being used with the thought of it pushing air, a bit of resistance to force you down track and move marbles.... I dunno?

I ran the hi side bodies and actually still prefer them. This season however I bought one of Halbert’s swoop bodies. I see no difference to the good or bad. Just a bit of lacking in the side protection department due to the low side and low nerf. I think the super hi sides are being used with the thought of it pushing air, a bit of resistance to force you down track and move marbles.... I dunno?
We just bought two new chassis and the nerf bars accept high or low sides... that’s per Ultramax. I’m with you I don’t know either way but it’s all seems like a sales gimmick!

the cheapest fiberglass one you can walk in and buy
Are the plastic (like M&M) no good?

We run high side because that is what fit our nerf bars. We are getting new bodies next year and staying high side because that is what our sponsor wanted so he had more room to showcase his business name.

Problem is, being in Mississippi, that doesn’t exist. TRJ has some good looking stuff with the lowest shipping I’ve come across.
I bet there is a parts dealer near you, have you called and asked the track owner where youre going to race who sells parts at the track?

Are the plastic (like M&M) no good?

We run high side because that is what fit our nerf bars. We are getting new bodies next year and staying high side because that is what our sponsor wanted so he had more room to showcase his business name.
There have been reports of the nose bottom busting in cooler weather

I bet there is a parts dealer near you, have you called and asked the track owner where youre going to race who sells parts at the track?
Yea, I’ve located most of the kart shops closest to us. Think the guys at Roll Speed Dynamics are gonna be closest to me, up in north Alabama. They’re an Ultramax dealer, but I’m sure they could help me out or steer me in the right direction. I need to get with them on tires as well.

Yea, I’ve located most of the kart shops closest to us. Think the guys at Roll Speed Dynamics are gonna be closest to me, up in north Alabama. They’re an Ultramax dealer, but I’m sure they could help me out or steer me in the right direction. I need to get with them on tires as well.

Watts motorsports is right northwest of mobile if that is any closer to you. They can get about anything you need. Let me know if you need contact info.

Let's see the CFD results!
I'd really like to see that too. I think it would be pretty expensive to do for whoever
does it.
My guess is the high body cuts thru the air better because the air does not change
direction at the swoop.
Let's start a Go Fund Me account o_O

Back