body mounting...Dzus fasteners or bolts?

braxton

What's the better option. I understand the speed of removing the dzus fasteners but isbit worth the cost and confident in they arent gonna come off?

I tried the dzus fasteners and didn't like them. They were always falling out. I made sure they were installed properly too. I switched over to nut plates and bolts.

What's the better option. I understand the speed of removing the dzus fasteners but isbit worth the cost and confident in they arent gonna come off?
Dzus fasteners....by far the best mounting procedure. Far more work, getting them in place however.
Once you have done up a body with dzus fasteners you'll never want to look at a bolt again.
They never fall out when installed properly. Notice that they are used on such violent vehicles as blown fuel dragsters and funny cars.

i use the larger 1/2" dzues fasteners... easy to mount, easy to remove... if they are loose you may have too long of a dzues, or simply stick a washer in front of it

I always put duct tape over the dzus if I use them on the nose cone. Gives that extra little insurance. I've never had an issue with the sides though.

Two bolts and nuts and two dzus on nose the reason have saw wrecks when the dzus fatern pulls the spring out and the nose will drag the track. Sides dzus fasterners on a '13 PRC Trition

Two bolts and nuts and two dzus on nose the reason have saw wrecks when the dzus fatern pulls the spring out and the nose will drag the track. Sides dzus fasterners on a '13 PRC Trition
That's a good idea right there.
Use fender washers against the body itself, on all occasions.
Installing the dzus fasteners is somewhat a pain in the behind....and altho I have a box of 'em, I almost never use on kart app. Bolts, with locknuts, and the flat washers, works well.

If you take your panels off alot, they are the way to go. Most people use the wrong length button so they dont snap tight, thats why they come out

if you start off with a muddy track they are the way to go! body comes off and back on in less than a minute! it makes it very easy for the racer that likes everything to have that "showroom shine" when they show up to the track. un-do the dzus buttons and you can clean til your heart's content.

I really like the Dzus fasteners, I've used them on my last two kart bodies and I'd hate to go back to nuts and bolts.

I use a lot of Dzus fasteners, especially on the laydown enduro where the body covers almost everything. If you have trouble with them falling out....you either have the wrong length, or you need to adjust the spring...and they make a tool for that. I made a template for drilling the holes. I took a 1/4" fender washer and used the center hole for marking the center, and drilled a small hole on each side to mark where the spring goes. If they're installed right, they won't come out. I used them on all my Sprint Car panels and hood, and they don't get much rougher treatment than that.

Proper length is dependent on your situation. if you own a phantom product then you buy the recommended
dzus for the location. if its a custom fit you need to measure carfully and order accordingly. allow for an error by being ready to get longer or shorter as needed.

I use dzus on the sides with a small piece of racing tape over the head. On the nose I use bolts and nuts.

Back