Body Shortage

jaymancds

Called around today to get a new body for the upcoming season. Was told by 3 different shops that there was a "body shortage across the industry". I was looking at JKB stuff, but I was just wondering if anybody on here had heard anything about it. I'm sure its COVID related or whatever, I just was wondering how that would happen. Seems to me that bodies would be one of those things that you can keep hundreds on the shelves.

i think every one bought a new body over the winter Chavous says they are two weeks out but you can get a swoop body from charger right now. people just don't have the new models and they can't produce them fast enough

Just ordered two JKB Xact fits from JC Specialty last week and at that time they had plenty in stock.

Just ordered two JKB Xact fits from JC Specialty last week and at that time they had plenty in stock.
I ordered one of the last two Xact fits that Dynocams had left in stock. It just suprised me that there is a shortage on something that seems to be rather dispensable.

Lots of shortages lately, was at JC Specialty the other week lots of stuff was back ordered for awhile. In my experience selling bodies (rapid both owners and comp) they were basically made to order. I went into it with the impression that there were 100s made already but there never was. I know chavous was a few weeks out, friend of mine just got a fusion maybe try that route?

Called around today to get a new body for the upcoming season. Was told by 3 different shops that there was a "body shortage across the industry". I was looking at JKB stuff, but I was just wondering if anybody on here had heard anything about it. I'm sure its COVID related or whatever, I just was wondering how that would happen. Seems to me that bodies would be one of those things that you can keep hundreds on the shelves.
fiberglass will sag over time, also moving them around they get scratched hard to sell when that happens, thats why shops dont carry a bunch

I'm trying out a new smooth M&M body this year to see how it does . $175 at the swap meet . They had several ..

When everyone wants the best, its hard to keep in stock. Im a JKB dealer, have known and raced with John for yrs., they are so busy during the year, but the beginning of the year is even lots more busy. I have some swoop X-Act Fit bodies in stock at my shop.

We just picked up some bodies to sell through the shop, but only have white available currently.
There are backorders on most everything in karting each year at this time -- this year just seems worse than most.
We'll see if it's from a lack of supply, or excess demand. I think it's a bit of both right now.
Definitely import stuff is in short supply - including raw materials.
Like many other shops, we've had to limit sales on things like wheels and sticker tires so that we can first fill our cut tire customer orders.
Same with 206 engines - we're only selling race-prepped engines until the supply gets caught back up.
I'm hearing similar stories across the industry from shops that we deal with on a weekly basis.
It sure makes you appreciate the past 4 years and pre-covid deal.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

When everyone wants the best, its hard to keep in stock. Im a JKB dealer, have known and raced with John for yrs., they are so busy during the year, but the beginning of the year is even lots more busy. I have some swoop X-Act Fit bodies in stock at my shop.
John is the only guy I know that has continued to build bodies, and my hats off to him, glad he has recovered from the fire.
Mike tried to give me a body business, I declined lol, thats a nasty job

I ordered a couple seraph bodies from TRJ. Couple weeks out. Had a heck of a time getting a new mychron battery.

Slack has their Xelerator highside 2 back in stock, just got one shipped the other day. I always hated highsides but man I’m stoked to get this one, it looks good!

Attachments

• 5F22F06B-B38A-46D4-BE0C-EF3E4CAA5F1F.jpeg
    5F22F06B-B38A-46D4-BE0C-EF3E4CAA5F1F.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 60
Back