Bolting 30lbs to rookie seat? 2012 Triton Thouhgts?

smittyj77

I have a question about mounting ballast weight to my seat, well my sons seat. Its a rookie seat so its small, I contacted PRC and they said theres lots of room to mount 35lbs to the seat, so thats what I did, just looking for everyones thoughts on it, im pretty new to karting so Im not 100% sure.

Alot of people here run bicknells and I think they have weight tabs throught the chassis.

most of the rookies around here have nearly double that on the seat and its loose but have plenty of tabs on kart chassis but dont use them its all about weight transfer

35 on the seat is pretty straightforward, especially if you have access to one or two 10 lbs weights. I'd keep most of it on the sides of the seat. As others have stated, getting it on the seat will help with weight transfer.

Todd
www.dynamicsofspeed.com

I always filled the frame rails up with lead shot. Works like a dead blow hammer. You can't get 30 pounds in it, but it means less weight on the seat, and a lower center of gravity.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.
(Al Nunley)

I always filled the frame rails up with lead shot. Works like a dead blow hammer. You can't get 30 pounds in it, but it means less weight on the seat, and a lower center of gravity.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.
(Al Nunley)

1st off I think putting lead shot in frame is not legal ...but not sure....2nd if the rear bumper came off that wouldn't be a good situation.

Thanks for the replys everyone, feel a bit better now lol. I may have to move some weights around on the seat to get me more left %

Just be sure to use Big fender washers up against both sides of the seat for better strength plus I like to place a rubber gromlet against the outside washer between the weight.

Good Luck !!

Back