BOX STOCK 212CC HEMI PREDATOR DYNO NUMBERS?

Hey Fellow Racers & Gearheads I've got one for you. Does anyone have a spec sheet of a BOX STOCK 212cc HEMI Predator Dyno pull? No header no jetting etc. Just as it came out of the box besides turning the governor adjustment screw to allow more RPM around (5000 - 5500) I understand most are not going to run a bone stock HEMI Predator on a dyno but i figure someone has out there. I've found some info but they have always been modified to some degree. The box says peak torque is 8.1 FTLBS at 2500 RPM. Im curious to see how close i am on my HP & TQ NUMBERS on the track with clutch lockup for TQ and Max. Track RPM for HP. Thanks in advance.

With it box stock no adjustment I've seen 12.2 Tq at 2,750

6.6 hp at 3,000 rpm

Backing the screw out,

13.3 Tq at 3,000

8.8 hp at 4,000

With it box stock no adjustment I've seen 12.2 Tq at 2,750

6.6 hp at 3,000 rpm

Backing the screw out,

13.3 Tq at 3,000

8.8 hp at 4,000

Any chance you'd tell us what dyno that is?

Also, how much time did that motor have on it before it was ran?

Arielfal thanks for the info and reply. I had actually watched that video before when i was heavy on this subject of finding numbers. But im thinking that is one of the early verison predators non hemi and ive had some tell me there is quiet a difference in the power curve as well as peak HP from the motor in the video to the new hemi predators. But if any of you out there reading have some time and a dyno as well as a 212 hemi predator in stock form sitting around im sure you would have some buddies on here with a opossum eating grin from ear to ear lol.:giggle:

Yeah i just watched the video. Silverback you're right on the hemi i believe. But there's two more issues i noticed besides it being a early version predator that will make the numbers inaccurate from the newer one's even though it has the hemi head. 1. Is he ran it on the dyno with no air filter and air box cover. 2. The stock muffler looks to be substantially larger than the model hemi's we run. Maybe one day I'll be able to take mine to Welch's and have them run it on the dyno to end all my guessing lol.

I will be testing a hemi tomorrow with the governer set to 5500. I will be testing weak springs, clone 10/8 springs and illegal 10/8 springs.
Dynodon anxious to see what you come up with! Stock with old springs vs Stock with New 10/8 springs i have thought a lot about the difference a set of valve springs can make! Thanks for the help in this matter! (y)

Everything stock out of the box governor turned up to 5500 rpm. Stock springs just a tiny bit shy of a legal set of aftermarket 10/8.
Peak h.p. @ 4920 rpm / 7.44.
Aftermarket illegal 10/8 (just enough to DQ )
Peak h.p. @ 4800 rpm / 7.27.
There was a consistent loss of 2 to 3 tenths across the board with the illegal 10/8 spring.

Everything stock out of the box governor turned up to 5500 rpm. Stock springs just a tiny bit shy of a legal set of aftermarket 10/8.
There was a consistent loss of 2 to 3 tenths across the board with the illegal 10/8 spring.
Dynodon hate to bug you but could you tell us what you had for Torque at what RPM with both sets of springs? Thanks for the help with this much appreciated Don!(y)

Thankyou for the data.

New engine not broke in other than three times heat cycled. Stock springs were 14 lbs tq, 4920 rpm, 7.44 h.p.
Clone green stripe just illegal enough that I would d.q. at the track was 14 lbs tq, 4800 rpm, 7.27 h.p.

New engine not broke in other than three times heat cycled. Stock springs were 14 lbs tq, 4920 rpm, 7.44 h.p.
Clone green stripe just illegal enough that I would d.q. at the track was 14 lbs tq, 4800 rpm, 7.27 h.p.
so is alittle weaker spring making more power?

I haven't done the testing . What little bit it "might" help,. Tires and chassis are the answer. No way I would pay a builder to do springs.

Reactions: RCJ
well I was just woundering if a stock spring was weaker than a green stripe? Would be nice to have someone test spring pressure on a guage and get numbers from 3 different out of the box. Like I have said before I haven't been around this sport long so some times it sounds easier said then done.

Back