Box stock Predator Clutch Questions...

So I am currently running a SMC vortex single disk clutch and it’s just not what I want for running box stock predator. (Or at least I feel like it fades away after 2 or so restarts in a night)

karts weigh about 390 and I’m looking to get something new what would be some good recommendations and why? Or do u think I should stick with what I got?

A 2 disc vortex or any new 2 disc should be an improvement .
I like the vortex concept , though always ran bully .

If I get a bully clutch do you guys have a good starting point setup for a predator? I know the box setup probably engages way to late

Well the problem I encountered is even with silver springs you can only get it to adjust down to 3,000 at it’s lowest engagement. Take that plus a heavy kart weight plus multiple restarts per night and the clutch leaves you thinking it’s not capable of doing the job. Take two of the springs directly across from each other off totally put the remaining 4 in the lowest hole setting and it will engage harder and sooner at about 2400 which works perfect for a predator. I run this setup on mine at 404 in heavy and love it. This will only work with silver springs all others are too heavy. I would say your clutch will need a rebuild first off to give you what your looking for because it sounds as if your glazed up pretty good as of now.

Back