Box stock predator clutch RPM engagement.

Collin

Where should it engage at? i have it set at 2700 RPM and we get beat off the start and then can run them down. Some people say higher. What would give me more off the starts?

I know but some are just off compared to average.
That is for sure!
OP, Buy 5 and run them all across the dyno.
We had a customer do that back at the beginning of the clone days (HF Greyhounds.) That's also when we had our first flywheel let go.
There is a very real difference from one to another out of the box.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Just turn the idle down mine will idle at 950-1000. I run orange and orange/yellow combo on my fury and it engages at 1800 and locks up by 2200. I only run a 15 driver too so it still pulls really good off the bottom

Just turn the idle down mine will idle at 950-1000. I run orange and orange/yellow combo on my fury and it engages at 1800 and locks up by 2200. I only run a 15 driver too so it still pulls really good off the bottom
I run a blaze so i will look at the chart for it

Where should it engage at? i have it set at 2700 RPM and we get beat off the start and then can run them down. Some people say higher. What would give me more off the starts?
Test it with the bathroom scale. Put the bathroom scale up against the strong wall. Put the front of your kart up against scale. Start the engine warm it up a little bit with the driver sitting in the seat, and floor it. Write down the scale reading and the RPM the. Adjust the clutch to engage at a little higher RPM, test again. See which is better. It should only take 2 or 3 seconds for each test. The higher the scale reading, The faster you come off the line.

Test it with the bathroom scale. Put the bathroom scale up against the strong wall. Put the front of your kart up against scale. Start the engine warm it up a little bit with the driver sitting in the seat, and floor it. Write down the scale reading and the RPM the. Adjust the clutch to engage at a little higher RPM, test again. See which is better. It should only take 2 or 3 seconds for each test. The higher the scale reading, The faster you come off the line.
Thank you

I have mine set at the 2800 2 black and 2 white springs on a man inferno fury…. You sure your not on a bigger front driver than everyone else???

Back