Box Stock Predator

The spring that goes from the carb to the governor arm. Wire a few of the coils together and the governor won't come in as soon. You have to experiment some. To me it is a combination between throttle stop and tension on the spring.

Wouldnt attaching the spring to a further hole in the arm do the same thing? All those holes are there for a reason.

Here's a tip from AJ Thompson from No Limit Karts & Parts Clio Michigan, as you slide the carb on, hook up the throttle so its easier than just slapping on the carb and struggling to hook up the throttle.

I tried the spring in different holes but didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference. When i wired the coils ( not all ) together i think that's what made the difference. I had trouble keeping it under 5500 on the stand. We have the 5500 on stand rule. I will post a picture today oe tomorrow of how mine is set up.

I have a predator 212 hemi with no governor and a vm22 style carb the yach is only reading around 4400 rpm the carb has a 125 jet in it could this be why I'm not seeing over 5000 rpms? It's on an old Subaru go kart it has a 30series torque converter with a 10/54 gearing any ideas why I can't hit 5000 rpms

I have tried several different motors with several different tachs, with clutch, without, connected to a axle on a stand with tires and without and the very top RPM i have gotten was 5500.

I have a predator 212 hemi with no governor and a vm22 style carb the yach is only reading around 4400 rpm the carb has a 125 jet in it could this be why I'm not seeing over 5000 rpms? It's on an old Subaru go kart it has a 30series torque converter with a 10/54 gearing any ideas why I can't hit 5000 rpms
Not enough engine .

I have had two hemi's. Both of them did about the same thing. Put them on the kart. Straight out of the box they bkth turned around 3600 rpm. The first one i backed all the way off the throttle stop screw and it turned a little over 5500 rpm. We have a 5500rpm on the stand rule. I took the governor off and ran a linkage to the throttle arm. J could adjust the rpm to around 5450 but the butterfly wasn't opening all thw way.
The second motor i run now still has the governor on it. With qith the throttle stop screw backwd off and a couple of the coils wired on the governor spring at a little over 5400 on the stand.
I didn have any trouble having them turn over 5500 on the stand.

Back