Box stock vs blue printed

What would you say is the difference between the two. The reason I ask is that our club is supposed to be box stock clone, but one member is advertising blue printed clone, so at our next club meeting I want to bring this up to make known that I believe a box stock and a blue printed motor are not apples to apples. Would one agree !

A engine out of the box could be just as good as a blueprinted one...but it is a crap shoot, it may not be even close or out of spec from the get go.
Blueprinted usually everything has been gone through and brought to max legal specs. Also depending on the blue printing process it may have been put on a dyno for max performance, and tuned for your specific track, pipe, location also...

The 'apples' (ie: Blueprinted) can/will be about 1.2 seconds quicker on a 1/2ml sprint track than the 'oranges' (ie: Box-Stock)....same Driver, Kart and Day!

A engine out of the box could be just as good as a blueprinted one...but it is a crap shoot, it may not be even close or out of spec from the get go.
Blueprinted usually everything has been gone through and brought to max legal specs. Also depending on the blue printing process it may have been put on a dyno for max performance, and tuned for your specific track, pipe, location also...

^^Exactly!!!!

The problem with a rule that says no blue printing is it can't be enforced.
If your engine tech's perfect who's to say it didn't come that way? I know the chances are slim that an engine, right out of the box, could be right on spec, but it could happen.
If you're tech man techs an engine and everything is to legal spec, what's he going to do, DQ it, with the reason being that it's too good?
You've got to be a realistic about these things.
I once proposed that the winner had to exchange engines with the fifth place finisher. Nobody liked that idea. Still, if you wanted a " I just want to race" class, that might be a way to go. Unfortunately, there are very few that want to go that far.

Back