Boy do I need some help

No max tire rule I have aired them up as high as 10psi right and 9 psi left but the kart started to get loose coming off 2 and 4 so I dropped them a pound and little man didn’t have to be up on the wheel as much my uncle recommended 56-56-56 but we haven’t been back on the scales to do this also I’m doing poor man scales currently
If the kart is getting loose as the run goes on, good chance tires are little to soft.

Are there claiming rules, protest rules?

If someone can seal an engine, there are others who can easily reseal it! Break the seal, change the cam and reseal it.

I often wonder; what pleasure does a person get out of winninng a race when they're cheating. This may not be the case here, but we have to be open to the idea. What do the rules say?

When it slows down does it handle as well or does it get loose the longer he runs ? As mentioned if no tire circumference rule take a good look at your competitions, I bet there a lot bigger, even If there is a rule make sure your at max.
For that era chassis you need to add nose 44.5 %, add left 54.5 %, and lower cross to 55 % then get tires right, I'd contact Earl about tires.

Good Luck !!
Where do I find earl?

If they took the time to seal them, Pretty sure even if not a rule now there not gonna want you to mess with fuel, plus fuel only and. not fixing your other issues will not get you where you need to be anyway.

If they took the time to seal them, Pretty sure even if not a rule now there not gonna want you to mess with fuel, plus fuel only and. not fixing your other issues will not get you where you need to be anyway.
They let us run the weenie pipe kit on the with the screw in muffler my dad is wondering if we may have a clogged muffler

They let us run the weenie pipe kit on the with the screw in muffler my dad is wondering if we may have a clogged
But that don't account for your able to take off good and lead some, If it were all engine related it would be off always.
Yes sir you do have a point that’s also what The owner of the track said when the other guy ran a 18.3 lap and we were still turning 20.5 sec laps he said the track was 1.5-2 sec faster then the week before so everyone was going faster but us but that also seems fishy why wouldn’t we see a more consistent lower time even if we only got a half a sec because we had kart setup issues but I will be unloading the kart tonight and working on the toe settings and the weights as far as toe I was reading 1/8 inch toe out is recommended for beginners?

Yes sir you do have a point that’s also what The owner of the track said when the other guy ran a 18.3 lap and we were still turning 20.5 sec laps he said the track was 1.5-2 sec faster then the week before so everyone was going faster but us but that also seems fishy why wouldn’t we see a more consistent lower time even if we only got a half a sec because we had kart setup issues but I will be unloading the kart tonight and working on the toe settings and the weights as far as toe I was reading 1/8 inch toe out is recommended for beginners?
Toe depends on how big the track is, If it's smaller tighter turned 1/8" is fine, If it's bigger sweeping turns you don't need any, check into the tire circumference thing I think you'll find that a lot of what your missing.

Yes 1/8 th is fine . No more .
I'm saying we were getting lapped . Fresh engine good chassis .
Driver wanted cut tires . I say no . Finally bought them . Off we go running with the field no longer a lap down . Same engine ,chassis , track and driver .
As pointed out a 20 year old chassis is not an advantage . Rescale too the aforementioned 54-56% setup . Next option is tires .
What is the rr and Lft rear circumfrence ?

Yes 1/8 th is fine . No more .
I'm saying we were getting lapped . Fresh engine good chassis .
Driver wanted cut tires . I say no . Finally bought them . Off we go running with the field no longer a lap down . Same engine ,chassis , track and driver .
As pointed out a 20 year old chassis is not an advantage . Rescale too the aforementioned 54-56% setup . Next option is tires .
What is the rr and Lft rear circumfrence ?
33-1/4 +\- LR 34-1/2 +/-RR

Another option....this sounds like an "over tire-d" class. IF you don't need extra sidewall grip to help the main tread, run a narrower rim, and that will push the tire footprint out in diameter... Might save a lot of stretching. But only if you can get away with it grip-wise.

Okay guys I have had some time to look at the karts and engines and I can’t help but feel defeated I feel like I can’t get the kart right because of the lack of tools the reason I say this because from the start of this we started 9-25-20 My dad and I had the mind set let’s just get “close” and we can go back later and work on making it perfect here lies the problem with that you guys have informed me that with such low hp and controlled class that we can’t add to be off “close” because it will cause drag ect so last night I put the karts on my matching bathroom scales and took all the added weight off and put the kid in it with full racing gear and this is what I have now with this being said I was in the garage doing this feeling more and more defeated because I could get an exact measurement of toe I believe it’s about a 1/4 in toe in and I didn’t check the air in the tires so I’m going to go home and try to reset the scales up with the right air pressures and read some more about how to check toe with out the fancy tools thank you guys for all the input and I sure hope I haven’t upset y’all with my lack of knowledge and ignorance

Attachments

• 080EC920-CAA5-48D8-AA1D-1EF886183F61.png
    080EC920-CAA5-48D8-AA1D-1EF886183F61.png
    264.7 KB · Views: 22
Trust me we all been there .
You just need to methodically go over it .
Air pressue first , then toe . You can set toe with out a laser it is just a little different . Read the section for beginners . Even the stuff that doesn't seem relavent .
I had seen someone post that the older chassis did not like a big 900 size right front tire . Thats something to consider come race season .

In the early page or two of the Go To thread for new or newer racers under the general discussion forum, it tells you how to check toe out with a straight edge and tape measure .

Back