brake bleeding

T-roy

Don't both bleeder screws go to the top?? Bought this kart long time ago. Servicing the brakes and one line is on top and one line is on bottom. brakes are off the kart right now but looks like it will be hard to bleed like that. Maybe the guy before me put these on wrong. Looks like I can switch the one to the top and put the line on the bottom. MCP master and MCP split caliper. Nylon lines.

Every picture I see with that caliper has them both in the same place. Wander why he done this?????

Air is lighter than brake fluid. You need both lines on the bottom and both bleeders on the top so the caliper can fill from the bottom as the air rises to the top and out the bleeders. Some systems have a cross over between the halfs (not MCP) but you still need both bleeders on top with a one line system.

I suggest you replace the plastic lines with steel braided lines, seen allot of failures with plastic mostly from installation error/lack of maintenance. Don't over tighten your caps and don't let your lines touch anything metal. They can fail even if installed correctly under extreme use. Also, only use clevis pins that take 3/32" cotter pins and a flat washer. Seen allot of 1/16" cotter pins come off and leave you with no brakes.

Sundog

Thanks for the replies. What about using safety clips instead of cotter pins?

Safety clips are fine, I’ve always replaced all cotter pins with safety clips, never failed inspection in ten years and many states.

On way to make the brake system safer is to have a braided cable as a back up for the brake rod.

Back