Brake location

spincycle

Anyone with thoughts on the pro's/cons of locating the brake assembly on the LR or RR side of the rear axle on a 2018 Minecon?

Our 2012 came on the right..
Yes I have been burned by the pipe while changing rear gear, actually by the pipe at many differnt times.

Was the right side brake originally there on a Triton as a handling aid aimed towards Junior drivers?

I think the answer is yes per what I learned at Phantom, but I'm not sure.

Yes, we were told so when it was introduced by Trik. My son said he liked the feeling on a track that he used trail braking.

I was told the brake was moved to the right because someone was paralyzed by the rotor. Last name was Wolff. That's where the term Wolf plate came about.

The rotor was moved to the right in 2012 when the Triton was released and remained there through 2015. It changed the way the Kart was loaded through the corner. Late 15’ when the Recon was released it was moved back to the left.

As far as your question. Race it on the left then Move it to the right and see if you notice a difference. My guess is you won’t.

As far as your question. Race it on the left then Move it to the right and see if you notice a difference. My guess is you won’t.
[/QUOTE]
That's what I was figuring. It is on a live axle.

Back