Brakes

Vsturkie

can anyone tell me if there is a feeling difference or travel distance on the mcp standard and mini lite setups my son says he feels like he has to push the pedal a long ways to get to the brakes and then they lock up on him he's running the mini lites

Adjust the brake pads, 1/4 Allen if I recall correctly. The closer to the disk you put them, the shorter the throw. To answer your original question, no, we run both.

You can go with the top hole on the pedal and bottom hole on the master cylinder if you have those options.

If the travel is too long, you push it down and nothing happens so you sort of panic and push it too hard. I like short travel because the pedal is right there with some resistance.

Last edited:
I like to adjust them so that when the pedal is mashed all the way, It will just barely NOT lock up the rear wheels. when set properly is kinda like ABS braking. I have seen races lost because of kid and adults locking the brakes and spinning out.

I like to adjust them so that when the pedal is mashed all the way, It will just barely NOT lock up the rear wheels. when set properly is kinda like ABS braking. I have seen races lost because of kid and adults locking the brakes and spinning out.
Little hard to trail brake that way ain’t it ?

That's the problem he's having he seems to spin out and he says it feels like he has to mash the brakes really hard then they lock up and he spinsi have tried to adjust the brakes to where they are almost touching the disc but there doesn't seem to make any difference

Try moving the arm on the master cylinder up or down, changes how sensitive it is i forget which way is which. Also make sure the pedal is close to straight up and down or slightly leaned back. Also may make sure it doesn't have any air in the system

Back