breaking issue

makracing36

I have been racing for a little over a year now and I've done indoor and dirty and asphalt oval racing. My prob is I can't seem to keep my foot off the break and I believe I do it more to brace myself in the turns. I'm 6'2" and that is also a part of my issue lol, but I know I can't make myself any shorter lol.

So my question to all of you it's this, what can I make to by the brake lever to push on that isn't the brake? Or what can I do to help me learn to keep my foot of the brake? I understand in comes with seat time and I'm trying. I'll be on track with my foot on the break and yelling at myself to get it off and there I am in the next turn with my foot on the break again.

Any advice is helpful and you won't hurt my feelings. Honesty is what I'm looking for.

A heel stop can help. Just have to teach yourself to keep front of foot up. Play with positioning to get most comfortable.

What I seem to do is a will stick my foot in front of the pedal I don't know when i really started doing this and no it don't affect me getting to the brake in a hurry need be

Back