Briggs LO206 oil in pulse line

morehorsepower

This last weekend we ran are LO206 for the first Test & Tune and also Race after breaking in the motor with standard 30 weight oil . As the weekend went on we started to notice oil coming up the pulse line we tried a double loop in the pulse line and still get oil into the fuel pump . Also tried adding a small fuel filter about 1" out from the pulse fitting to act as a small catch can still no luck .

#1 Am I needing to replace the fuel pump as there is oil leaking out of it ?
#2 Does anyone have a fix for this ?

At Miller Motorsports Park are front straight away is 900' long and we are revving out to 6070 RPM . We also have 15 deg. mount .

You might try this fuel pump location and pulse line routing. We do have a problem with oil in line.

Steve
www.Bakerracingengines.com

Attachments

• LO206 Pulse line routing.jpg
    LO206 Pulse line routing.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 685
Steve's method is good but i do it a little differently.
Use the bolt that's the closest to the exhaust manifold and point the pulse line directly at the pulse fitting.
Pointing the pulse fitting on the pump directly towards the pulse fitting will give you a pulse line about 4 inches long and eliminate any oil in the pulse line or fuel pump.
Looping the pulse line will only make things worse.

So you guys want me to rotate the pump 180 deg. right ?
So is it safe to say my fuel pump is okay ?

And thanks for all the help !!
We had a great weekend and are liking the LO206 very much .

the fuel pumps have a small vent in them. the excess oil in it should drain out or come out the vent hole and then it should be fine.

Then you should have a spare fuel pump anyway. I have been getting oil in mine every year and its always fine. Only time I ever had to replace one was before I started using non-meth fuel and the motor sat over the winter (8 months around here) whichs made the diaphrams hard.

I very seldom see the fuel pumps go bad.
A lot of them get replaced because it sits on top of the motor.
If it was under the blower housing or inside the motor they would get replaced much less frequently.
I have had methanol motors that have run for years and never had the pumps replaced.
If in doubt cut one apart and put it in a container of methanol or gas and see what happens to it over 6 months or a year.
My Lawn mower has had the same one on it for 10 years

Steve's method is good but i do it a little differently.
Use the bolt that's the closest to the exhaust manifold and point the pulse line directly at the pulse fitting.
Pointing the pulse fitting on the pump directly towards the pulse fitting will give you a pulse line about 4 inches long and eliminate any oil in the pulse line or fuel pump.
Looping the pulse line will only make things worse.

Have you seen where they move the pump up higher on the motor to eliminate oil in the pulse line . I found that info on the Briggs Racing site .

Got it. I was thinking it was you, but was not sure. lol Like we talked about at the track... A bunch of great guys here to help!

Back