Logical to bore another .30 to get guages out of the
Cylinder wall

Or

Just buy a 6.5 clone or a predator motor and just build
One of those
As I feel pump gas will be more reliable then alky

Just curious
Thanks

where are you racing? class and sanction or rules.
either way the clone is less work.
building flatheads can be fun specially non stock .

where are you racing? class and sanction or rules.
either way the clone is less work.
building flatheads can be fun specially non stock .

Probably won't be racing it in any sanction races
But not to sure yet
As of now it's just
Back yard 1/8 mile Asphalt oval track

The Predator Hemi will be ur best bet for your application. There is ALOT of potenical in this puppy and a lot of info 'here' as well....IMO

I'd agree with screamn, best power for your buck, plus most clone aftermarket parts will bolt onto it except the flywheel, rocker arms, and rod. Pipe, top plate/fuel pump, carb, and cam for a clone will fit it.

The Predator Hemi will be ur best bet for your application. There is ALOT of potenical in this puppy and a lot of info 'here' as well....IMO

I'd agree with screamn, best power for your buck, plus most clone aftermarket parts will bolt onto it except the flywheel, rocker arms, and rod. Pipe, top plate/fuel pump, carb, and cam for a clone will fit it.

I found a pred with a hemi head. Aftermarket cam
18 pound valves. Decked head. Ported etc. I tossed the idea of buying instead of rebuilding the briggs

Downfall to the Predator is in how long will it be available. Will HF keep making it, or will they discontinue as with the Greyhound and Lifan. From what im hearing, the hemi predator is hard to find.
Clone is still relatively cheap, and will be readily available for long time coming.

Downfall to the Predator is in how long will it be available. Will HF keep making it, or will they discontinue as with the Greyhound and Lifan. From what im hearing, the hemi predator is hard to find.
Clone is still relatively cheap, and will be readily available for long time coming.

Every clone I seen brand new online was a ubuildkit

That's always possible but the 'fun' factor and potential w/ the hemi seems too be worth the risk! (It is 2me) Actually, at this time, it seems they are 'more available' than ever....JMO

Back