Bristol Motor Speedway

shane3fan

Anyone who has been there, I need suggestions on where to sit. Going there in March and taking my uncle who doesn't get around real well after a stroke. I'd like a good view but I don't want him to have to walk more than necessary.

Thanks in advance!

Not been there , the nhra had handicap seating avalible . Close to the track and they were quite helpful .
Might check on that possibility .

getting up to the track is a chore, you'll want down low for sure somewhere down the front straight would be good.
the stairs at Bristol are kind of tall.
We'll be there running supers when its covered in dirt, will be the best racing that place has seen in years

getting up to the track is a chore, you'll want down low for sure somewhere down the front straight would be good.
the stairs at Bristol are kind of tall.
We'll be there running supers when its covered in dirt, will be the best racing that place has seen in years
Doubtful. At the speeds the late models will be running, it will just be a contest of who brought the biggest motor and the heaviest parts. If I recall, when the WoO was there the first time they were splitting rims, breaking tie rods, bending pull bars, etc, all without hitting the wall. ALL of the chassis and part manufacturers are making special "Bristol" parts knowing that the track will be eating up stuff. From what Ive heard, 150mph is not out of the question. God have mercy on anybody that hits the fence at those speeds, and it will happen.

The sprinters are expected to be nearly 170mph :oops:

You will not be able to sit low (if it is set up like the last time they put dirt on it.) The bottom 20 rows or so were blocked off.
20,000 people in that place and it'll still look empty. They tried to crowd everyone in on the front stretch as best they could.
The first year we ran there, the banking was the same or steeper than the pavement in the corners, and flatter on the straights. When the car transferred onto the corner banking it would bottom out. We kept going stiffer and stiffer on bars (springs) until that stopped. The cars that crashed were destroyed, not really much different than the old Eldora banking.
For year two they flattened out the banking considerably and it made for better racing and a more normal car set-up.
It was pretty much a HP test back then (any big momentum track is that way) for qualifying, then hard to pass during actual racing.
No cushion, hard slick, dry and dusty for the features, but still hammer down.
2001BristolaThm.jpg

You will not be able to sit low (if it is set up like the last time they put dirt on it.) The bottom 20 rows or so were blocked off.
20,000 people in that place and it'll still look empty. They tried to crowd everyone in on the front stretch as best they could.
The first year we ran there, the banking was the same or steeper than the pavement in the corners, and flatter on the straights. When the car transferred onto the corner banking it would bottom out. We kept going stiffer and stiffer on bars (springs) until that stopped. The cars that crashed were destroyed, not really much different than the old Eldora banking.
For year two they flattened out the banking considerably and it made for better racing and a more normal car set-up.
It was pretty much a HP test back then (any big momentum track is that way) for qualifying, then hard to pass during actual racing.
No cushion, hard slick, dry and dusty for the features, but still hammer down.
View attachment 13361
I notice in your picture that most of the wall is under the surface. If this is the same this year, I dont blame them for roping off the first 20 rows. Jump a RR and you're over that fence like it's nothing. Doesnt seem very safe to me.

We've got everything we need to run again if someone wants to front us some serious dough for engine freshen-up and tires; maybe I'd strap my fat old butt back in the car. :)

I notice in your picture that most of the wall is under the surface. If this is the same this year, I dont blame them for roping off the first 20 rows. Jump a RR and you're over that fence like it's nothing. Doesnt seem very safe to me.
He was asking about the spring race, not the dirt race, I added that

Doubtful. At the speeds the late models will be running, it will just be a contest of who brought the biggest motor and the heaviest parts. If I recall, when the WoO was there the first time they were splitting rims, breaking tie rods, bending pull bars, etc, all without hitting the wall. ALL of the chassis and part manufacturers are making special "Bristol" parts knowing that the track will be eating up stuff. From what Ive heard, 150mph is not out of the question. God have mercy on anybody that hits the fence at those speeds, and it will happen.

The sprinters are expected to be nearly 170mph :oops:
We were there last time as well and only ruined 1 rim and tire, I only live an hour from Bristol.
And yes we are picking up another Rocket chassis for this race, we will be running a limited Lucas oil schedule next season, we ran 4 last year

We were there last time as well and only ruined 1 rim and tire, I only live an hour from Bristol.
And yes we are picking up another Rocket chassis for this race, we will be running a limited Lucas oil schedule next season, we ran 4 last year
I thought the spring race is when Nazicar is running the dirt? Maybe I'm wrong. Personally, I love the chassis wars in late model racing. The comers and goers, regional chassis guys, etc. I only mention this because you mentioned Rocket. They are definitely one of the best.

Yes, the spring Bristol Cup race weekend (March) is while the dirt is down. The schedule is Dirt Nationals, then Truck/Cup weekend, then 2 weeks to WoO Late Models and UMP Modifieds, then another 2 weeks to WoO Sprints and Super Dirt Series Big Block Modifieds. As far as I have heard, the Cup race is sold out (Limited capacity of 30,000).

Walking is tough a lot of incline all over. My dad doesn't get around well and he had a tough time. Sometimes they have golf carts to shuttle people around.

Yes, the spring Bristol Cup race weekend (March) is while the dirt is down. The schedule is Dirt Nationals, then Truck/Cup weekend, then 2 weeks to WoO Late Models and UMP Modifieds, then another 2 weeks to WoO Sprints and Super Dirt Series Big Block Modifieds. As far as I have heard, the Cup race is sold out (Limited capacity of 30,000).
They’re gonna take the dirt up for the cup and put it back down two weeks later?

Cant wait to go, got our six tickets and pit pass, hanging out with Brandon Overton #76...local town boy

Jamie if I see over at Dakota Knuckles I’ll buy you a hotdog...😆

Back