Bristol

Someone should've brought in better clay and prep the track better, it's a dust bowl, been to a ton of dirt races where there's hardly any dust flying, don't really care about nascar but I watch some of the practice, I think the truck race will better than the cup cars, but hands down on the super late models

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out with windshields and grills they were starting to quickly yesterday, apparently they've not been to many kart races, If we knew the whole story I'm betting right now Nascar is wishing they would of said No to this one.

Someone should've brought in better clay and prep the track better, it's a dust bowl, been to a ton of dirt races where there's hardly any dust flying, don't really care about nascar but I watch some of the practice, I think the truck race will better than the cup cars, but hands down on the super late models
The guys were from cali. they were absolutely clueless about dirt tracks, they told the biggest and oldest promoter in the SE he didn't know what he was talking about during a drivers meeting

FS1 needs to find some announcers/pit reporters that have some dirt knowledge---they all seem to revel in the fact they know nothing about it. Thankfully Fox has Boyer and Gordon who know what they are talking about.

Attachments

• 642A3B0C-552A-4713-949C-FB20CCB9BADD.jpeg
    642A3B0C-552A-4713-949C-FB20CCB9BADD.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 98F7CC63-BB06-4EF3-ADDE-CA2ECDC73C32.jpeg
    98F7CC63-BB06-4EF3-ADDE-CA2ECDC73C32.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 88
Goodyear never really made a good dirt tire...jmo...but I bet some of those drivers wish they had Hoosier tires, also I bet they wish they were at Eldora, sure wouldn’t be dusty

Last edited:
Watching it now, don't know who won nor do I care.
Great racing so far but it's toooooooo dang long for a dirt race for me.
Sick of watching it already same as trying to watch a 100 lap Big Block race.
so long a race it's boring boring boring.

... i'll have more fun watchin ancient aliens.

Honestly, I figured it would suck and just be a ton of cautions. Aside from the track wearing out, which was expected, I think it wasnt half bad. I hope they never do it again on bristol, but it wasn't a bad race. If Bell wouldn't have tried to drive it like a sprint car, both he and larson would've been up front at some point as well. Not as bad as what I thought it was going to be.

Do you think they’ll get rid of the windshields for next year ?
I don't think so. I think they learned how "wet" the track can be before putting NASCAR stock cars on it.

I think you'll see better track prep for next year, and it wouldn't shock me if it goes to a night race (which it should be).

Back