BSP 196cc short block

fatfrog

Has anybody used this short block yet, seems pretty reasonable prices for what there offering? It's a new block, max stroke crank, light weight piston, wrist pin and lifters, comes with the low tension top ring file fitted and a bsp4 cam and side cover all togther as a built short block for $89.00 what's everyone's opinion on it, can rebuild on that cheap with all those parts

Anyone run one of these or open one up and check out the work? Stumbled across this thread as I was thinking about getting one of these for my son's kart.

Built a few off of this kit platform, piston was .003 in the hole on one and .005 in the hole on another, used a Dover ported head and carb setup on them and ran really well, have a couple feature win on each of them. Definitely a decent deal to build off of JMO of course

Just put one together for a friend that was the same deal. Dover Holey Moses Head and carb with their solution pipe. Piston was .003 in the hole all machine work looked good and it was assembled and left spotless inside and I even used the painters rag wipe.... you would be surprised what gets left in engines. Gonna run it Sunday and see how it performs.

I just put one together for a guy and overall quality was good, except the cam was installed 6 teeth off and it wouldn't start.... I guess I should have opened it up initially and checked.

Hmm might be what's going on with mine bought new bsp short block tried firing it up wont start gonna open it up and see whats going on

Two weeks with it and it ran super hard both weekends. Took a feature win with it in 400 clone today. Those parts are definitely a good start to building yourself a nice clone motor!

Back