BSP engine running lean

running lean may cause a difference in the temp that might have you worried, but just look for a oil that transfers the heat better (i like royal purple, but ARC has a new Lucas Karting oil that I'll be running next season). so heat isn't really an issue. but, before you go looking at monkeying with the carb and possibly making it illegal, i would recommend calling Jerrry Dover or Jody (at ARC) and talking with them about your concerns and how to legally get a bit more power out of the carb. all the suggestions are good ones, but you do one thing that makes it illegal and get caught, it will ruin your rep forever...

while i don't like rules that make absolutely no sense (like a jet rule), i do play within the rules are they are written.

I was just letting him know that over here we have a place like your Harbour freight...sells a brand of engines called Power Fist.
And like most generic clones many are out of spec...we have found on these engines...the carbs are made by ZonChen...
The etubes have the same amount of holes but the centre hole is larger...making the engine run very rich from idle to peak rpm...
This may or may not help...the afr does not change ,steady at 10.5 from idle to 6000rpm...

How sensitive do you folks feel the clone is to jetting? My observation has been that it takes a good few points change in ADR before you have to change a jet.
A jet rule isn't that big a deal at local tracks where air density doesn't vary a whole lot. That might be the case for this track. If they are getting the entries then its working for them.

Back