Bsp peak hp

RCJ

I'm rebuilding a BSP I received in trade. It has a bsp4 set in at 114 intake c/l ,ported head, .615 Holy moses, 10.8 red springs.What rpm should peak hp be at? What rpm will valve float start?

With the BSP4 cam valve float will start around 6200-6400rpm depending on how the springs are shimmed and how "old" the springs are.

To hit the numbers Don is talking about, try the EV6 cam, set around 112 ILC with a fresh set of springs properly shimmed.

This motor has a ultra lite flywheel. Would it be normal for it to vibrate more than say a predator with a stock wheel?

Vibration can be classified many different ways all in the interpretation of the handler. In my opinion the only way one wheel would vibrate more than another wheel would be if one wheel was not as balanced as the other wheel.

Vibration can be classified many different ways all in the interpretation of the handler. In my opinion the only way one wheel would vibrate more than another wheel would be if one wheel was not as balanced as the other wheel.
Has the piston been lightened or heavier than stock? I noticed the flattop motor seems to vibrate more.

I have noticed subtle differences depending on cam and timing settings used and whether it’s unrestricted or plate. They seem to have a spot in the rev range that is vibration prone. It travels up and down the rpm range depending on the motor setup but they all seem to have it. Just my 2 cents.

If setup correct we have seen 7400 to 7600 on the dyno this is with inertia dyno and new performance trends software we have a lot of r&d into different cams and we know what we like to see on the dyno and it’s not always rpm!! Yes we have crank gear twister and Icl is very important listen to Eric if you want to make top end power out of the ev6 !!

If setup correct we have seen 7400 to 7600 on the dyno this is with inertia dyno and new performance trends software we have a lot of r&d into different cams and we know what we like to see on the dyno and it’s not always rpm!! Yes we have crank gear twister and Icl is very important listen to Eric if you want to make top end power out of the ev6 !!

With legal valve springs?? AKRA/NKA legal engine? I'm calling BS or your dyno is off....

The numbers I have are factual with the bsp4. The ev6 is capable of 7000 if head is correct

I've circled the part of the graph where float begins and there is a dramatic drop in HP.

image (25).png

With the BSP4 cam valve float will start around 6200-6400rpm depending on how the springs are shimmed and how "old" the springs are.

To hit the numbers Don is talking about, try the EV6 cam, set around 112 ILC with a fresh set of springs properly shimmed.
Please explain : "fresh set of springs properly shimmed"

Back