BSP sealed crate

umaxk99

Hey ive been running a Box stock sealed crate motor, it comes with a BSP4 cam with not a lot of info. Have been turning it around 5500rpm. I was curious what others are turning this thing? I have had mixed results with. Thanks

It is the Box Stock Project 196 motor they sell on BSP site. Comes with their cast aluminum flywheel, header and muffler and carb already installed

BSP site just say rated for higher RPM but has no real suggestions or max RPM. Found other info that relates it to a BSP3 cam which the only info I can find there says that's a copy of the CL3 Dyno cam

Doubt it's fully blue printed enough to compare to top notch clones, but when clones first came out and after we went to big pipe and Alum flywheels we turned around 6600 that should be a close comparison.

is it run with a plate or unrestricted? I know our BSP4 stuff turns 57-5800 ish in purple and 6900 ish in unrestricted form.

also that cast aluminum flywheel if I remember correctly only has like 24 or 25 degrees timing in it. So if it’s on a standard key that’s a killer on rpm right there.

I would do that. I’d bet it’s low timing flywheel and a bsp4 cam and it prolly has their stock as cast 233 head or what not so it makes for an inexpensive race engine, just not very peppy

I would do that. I’d bet it’s low timing flywheel and a bsp4 cam and it prolly has their stock as cast 233 head or what not so it makes for an inexpensive race engine, just not very peppy
It's possable that Andy the assembler was running late for his lunch break and donated a couple extra thou on the valve lash but you can't check to see because it's ''sealed '' and that's against the rules.....right?

It's possable that Andy the assembler was running late for his lunch break and donated a couple extra thou on the valve lash but you can't check to see because it's ''sealed '' and that's against the rules.....right?
yessir valve cover is sealed so no touchie! They also seal the carb so its not removable and the side cover. Can change jetting but I have not. Havn't seen any seal on the flywheel side so I will check the timing also.

it’s a bolt on clone engine that gets ya out there racing.... but the old adage goes... you get what ya pay for. Big name engines builders don’t charge that extra 500 for their cool stickers....
yeah it was a really affordable motor and a new class at our track. We purchased them from the track for like 275$. I won a 6 race winter series championship with it but just haven't experimented with it too much turning it any harder but im gonna LOL

Back