BSP sealed crate

The BSP sealed motor has a weenie pipe. The RPM on a momentum track is about 6000-6200, if lifting maybe 6400.
The motor on a dyno will go higher, but power loss is major at the higher RPMs.
Yessir I appreciate it. Its one of those Rapp weenie pipes I believe. I can keep up a fare bit of momentum so Im gonna bump my gearing couple teeth and see how it pulls @6000

also that cast aluminum flywheel if I remember correctly only has like 24 or 25 degrees timing in it. So if it’s on a standard key that’s a killer on rpm right there.
I couldn't get the flywheel off, maybe shoulda used a little heat but I didn't want to mess anything up since its sealed and id be out of business lol. looking thru the keyway though I can see it is offset. I got the number off the tag gonna give BSP a call today sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should turn at least 6000rpm. But if you're winning championships at 5500, I don't know that I'd change much!
yessir it was the winter series we had the problem has been lately that others have figured out something that I hadn't lol. just talked to BSP and said I aint in the ballpark and should be @6400

We run them try to hit 6400 but have missed it as track got lot better and turned 6700 but know it fell off but in that class most of time never lift so hard to get it right

So I turned it up a little bit and was able to get heat and feature win this weekend. I turned it at least 6000 but I did something kinda dumb lol checking the memory on my mychron 4 every lap was right at 6000 so I believe my settings were set to 6000 in my tach I had forgot to check that. anyway 2nd was on me but I would pull him at times. I need to experiment with some different drivers. I went from 18/62 to 16/60 almost flat foot in 1 and 2 not as good in 3,4

that’s quite a difference in gearing ?
ovaltech it is. went 3.44 to 3.75 final just been experimenting with what this cam likes best. I had been running the taller driver thinking it was best for the longer track but im not always flat footed. I still dont think im dead nuts on the gear but trying some stuff.

Back