budget hydraulic torque arm dyno build less then $200

ponytl

going to post this with pictures I have spent a little time scrounging my scrap piles for parts and pieces I think I could have done this for less than $100.00 but I wanted the load cell and the computer interface (which I know zero about) so far I have had to purchase 4 -1 1/4 saddle bearings $22 (ebay) 200kg load cell, load cell amplifier, (ebay $45) Needle valve $25. 1 1/4" coupler $22
things I had...
all the steel
rusty 1 1/4 kart axle (will use part of it for my tire lath/grinder)
hydraulic pump/hoses fittings and Tank all from a asphalt roller I scrapped out years ago pump has a 1 1/4" shaft
I have boxes full of hyd hoses and fittings...

so far i just have a drawing and material/cut list and have cut most of the steel... will weld it up this week with pictures if i get a chance...

It has to be simple or I couldn't build it... but who doesn' t want a dyno

p

steel cut

getPart

3x3 x 3/ 24 cross pc 42" long sides

yes it is built... went with an S type load cell and amp off ebay... built as in assembled and plumbed... i have not added fluid and have zero data acquisition.... i do have a digital load meter i could just hang off the torque arm... but prefer not to... i do have the parts to to EGT, CHT, axle RPM, and even CFM into the carb.. posted some pics on poboy a while back... just work and karts have kept me from it... still under $200 but i had all but the load cell, valve, amp, & two 3/4" pipe T's.... still needs a chain guard that can be used when one isn't already on the engine... I have been learning slowly some programming

Back