Builder Prices

Has anyone done a price survey / comparison of the major builders?

I know there are a plethera of excellent builders, was just curious to see some real world examples of prices.

For this example, I am talking about a race ready AKRA BSP, including billet flywheel, top plate, chain guard, big pipe, and muffler (no clutch).

Anyone want to share their recent costs / prices?

mmmmmm i have being thinking about that my self i have look at some of the akra and the bsp and the dyno motor ..i have be with a major engine builder my self for 15 year my self price seem to go up ever time ... was just wonder if these motor will run up front with the major engine builder

A lot of good small builders out there that have good prices compared to big builders. Just like any other business, when you get too much work, you don't turn it away. You jack up the price to slow down work load.

A lot of good small builders out there that have good prices compared to big builders. Just like any other business, when you get too much work, you don't turn it away. You jack up the price to slow down work load.

EXACTLY...that's what I'm having to do now

Business need liability insurance, when someone gets hurt the lawyers will look for any reason they can, one of them may be something you did. Imagine a flywheel coming apart, or a clutch failing.

$950-hi tech racing
You do know this thread is going to go down the crapper with someone complaining about cost and wishing it was a $95 engine....

The clone is still a cheap engine to race. You can build your own relatively cheap. We've raced against some home built clones that run really well.

Ones I build range from 550 to 750. My 550 motor is blue printed build dyno tuned and out the door. My 750 is hand picked every thing. Lot more time on dyno to make sure its the best I can give you. My 550 one is for the average Saturday night racer and will last all season. My 750 is for Big money races were every bit is going to count But your only going to get 4-5 races and its going to start to lose power. You can build for fast or to last just depends on what you plan to do with it.

What people dont under stand is what it takes to build a high end motor. We may go threw 4 block 3 cranks 3 carbs 6 heads and the list goes on. Just to find that one that is better. Like cranks one maybe max stroke but out of round. Next might be in round but short stroke. You just go threw till you find exactly what you want. So lot of times this is why the big names charge more because this is how they are building and why it takes so long to do.

Back