building a backyard bull ring

Randy541960

We have clay available on site. What steps do we need to follow to get the track built so it holds together?
Thanks Randy

Thanks for the reply. We have good drainage but we will need to find equipment to start with the base as you suggested.

Here's our practice track in backyard. Any suggestions on improvements. It has 120ft straights and 19ft lanes, 35 ft across infield. We have 4 karts, wife,kids and I race all the time. We just started karting month ago and wanted a place to learn to drive them before we go out and race for reals at a track. Grandkids have their own karts as well as my daughter and her husband. Guess you could say we are definitely become a race family through this adventure lol.

Attachments

• IMG_20201124_085603484_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201124_085603484_HDR.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_20201124_085547017_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201124_085547017_HDR.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_20201124_085233220_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201124_085233220_HDR.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 209
Here's our practice track in backyard. Any suggestions on improvements. It has 120ft straights and 19ft lanes, 35 ft across infield. We have 4 karts, wife,kids and I race all the time. We just started karting month ago and wanted a place to learn to drive them before we go out and race for reals at a track. Grandkids have their own karts as well as my daughter and her husband. Guess you could say we are definitely become a race family through this adventure lol.
We are located in Russellville Arkansas. Hàve about 15 karts that come play every weekend and are open for others to join in. Had lots of help with track build, and whole family enjoys it!

Lessons we learned fast is to pack the base really good, smooth it out. We made pallet drag plate and used our car to pack track. Cheap scape way I know, lol. But it works great. Until we can afford a tractor with box blade, we improvised a cheap method for our backyard track

You understand that if you build a track, you are the one they're going to come looking for if somebody gets hurt!
I know, it's just a bunch of guys wanting to get together and have some fun, until someone gets hurt, then the lawyers step in. I'd be talking to all the track owners I could, understand what you're getting yourself into.

Last edited by a moderator:
For sure you have to make people sign affidavit saying they won't die if they get hurt. A play at your own risk form they have to sign. Learned that lesson as well from my RCs track owning days.

This has inspired me to build a track in my yard. After some measurements I can have the same size track as pictured. Im to the point that I dont enjoy 8 hours at the races anymore but sure love racing with buddies. Ive already cut trees and started moving garden boxes, should be ready for spring.

Simple is nice . In at 6 - out by 10 .
In the flathead days. A little track we ran had yard kart , jr , jr sa and adult .
Wicked fun , no drama , saw a plate check a couple times . Good times .

Back