Building a clone ?

If youre just running weekly shows you can do it, assuming you know your way around the shop and have tools. If you are thinking about money race type shows I doubt you can do it and run up front. I put together a lot of motors, mostly along the stock appearing line, and they do well enough for weekly stuff but my clones? I send them off. There are so many rules that are closely checked that the engine shop guys really shine on the racetrack because they know all the little tricks and have all the equipent to get that one extra hp that I dont have. On low horsepower engines every tenth of a HP counts.

You don’t necessarily y save the ten bucks if you end up in tech with a tech that isn’t certified and makes a wrong call. Everyone in the sport should have a book and understand it so when they go to tech they know what is going on
I’m sure I’m missing someone’s time and effort forming the rules but, why can’t the rules be found online, perhaps even free of charge?

...Because the arkra sells advertising in the rulebook. Also they are very hard to get in contact with once the rule book is actually printed. I tried to get a 2021 version and I gave up. They don't answer the phone or return calls.

Are there still bone stock clone classes ? Sounds like it's become expensive to race them which ends up happening to most classes I guess .

BSP , Dover and maybe Dyno sell a ready too run base engine .
Then from there they are more costly .
But no you don't get them from Harbour Freight now .

One of the tracks not far from me ran clones for a few years but they've been gone for awhile now . No ovals in this area , SE Wisconsin, just sprint racing.

Back