Building nerf bars

Outlaw26

Not sure if I’m posting this in the correct place but…..what CLR is typically used for 3/4” tubing on nerf bars and bumpers? I’m getting ready to order a die for my bender but thought I’d check with the experts, before I regret a $400 purchase.

Thank you!!!

Not sure if I’m posting this in the correct place but…..what CLR is typically used for 3/4” tubing on nerf bars and bumpers? I’m getting ready to order a die for my bender but thought I’d check with the experts, before I regret a $400 purchase.

Thank you!!!
West bender do you have .

2 and 2.5” are the most common radius’s used for nerfs and bumpers. I build a hundred or more nerfs a year and those two cover 95% of what I bend.
Thank you for that info!! That helps a lot, knowing that make them on a regular basis.

We have 3 1/4" and 2 1/4" for our Hossfeld and honestly rarely mess with nerf bars any more as there is another guy locally who will make them for us and powder coated cheaper than I care to mess with them.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
I'd rather use a worn out Diacro than a Hossfeld. no wonder you don't want to mess with them.

I'd rather use a worn out Diacro than a Hossfeld. no wonder you don't want to mess with them.
I like it for bigger diameter chrome-moly tubing, but it's difficult to make tight radius bends with it for things like nerf bars that are so easy to bend (CRS) anyhow. So, it sits here, bolted to the floor, taking up space by the Lincoln Welders (which you don't like either.) LOL

I like it for bigger diameter chrome-moly tubing, but it's difficult to make tight radius bends with it for things like nerf bars that are so easy to bend (CRS) anyhow. So, it sits here, bolted to the floor, taking up space by the Lincoln Welders (which you don't like either.) LOL
They’re pretty easy to make on my Pro-Tools 105 bender. Since this post, I borrowed a friends 3” CLR die. I’m going to get 2.5 or 3 but wanted to try his first. They turned out good.

Back