Building Stock Appearing Clones/Hemi Predator engines

Bird 1777

I used to build all of my own Flatheads back when we raced back in the 90's, but these clones and hemi predators are so much different. I've had both stockers and stock appearing engines built by others. I want to try to start building my own stock appearings but could use some help. I've helped build some of my big block Chevy engines so I have the basic skills. I've gotten some great advice from a very good engine builder but I'm looking to get some other opinions.

If I were starting over again with stock appearings I would build a non hemi block with a long ARC rod and the short Wiseco piston to fit it, 308 cam, and I'd buy a cylinder head from any of the the guys from the Poboy greasy nails group on Facebook that post pics of their work, answer questions, and are light years ahead of anybody like me who tried to do the work myself.

If I were starting over again with stock appearings I would build a non hemi block with a long ARC rod and the short Wiseco piston to fit it, 308 cam, and I'd buy a cylinder head from any of the the guys from the Poboy greasy nails group on Facebook that post pics of their work, answer questions, and are light years ahead of anybody like me who tried to do the work myself.
Thanks I just sent them a request to join the group.

It's not legal in the Series.
So is a stock appearing Predator, according to The Series rules.

Predator
Ages:15+
Total Weight: 390lbs
Predator Tech Rules
**Ducar engine IS allowed

1. All Engines must be run out of the box
2. Governor must be connected and operational
3. Factory air filter and sock, key way on flywheel, and fuel tank required
4. All competitors may be subject to on-stand governor test (5500 RPM maximum). Engine must surge.
5. Any engine can be "claimed" by any competitor in the main event field post-race. The cost to claim is $125. Clutch, chain guard and throttle assembly will be removed.
6. Vent tube on tank, throttle stop screw, and oil sensor wire are allowed to be disconnected
7. Chain guards are allowed
8. Any other after-market part will result in immediate disqualification

Predator
Predator Tech Rules

4. All competitors may be subject to on-stand governor test (5500 RPM maximum). Engine must surge.
5. Any engine can be "claimed" by any competitor in the main event field post-race. The cost to claim is $125. Clutch, chain guard and throttle assembly will be removed.
6. Vent tube on tank, throttle stop screw, and oil sensor wire are allowed to be disconnected
#3. Key way on flywheel. So I can run an offset key?
#4. Engine must surge. That might cause a problem. I have teched many legal engines and some surge and some do not

Predator
Predator Tech Rules

We are running the Idiot Series rules, not those above.

You can get with me on Facebook or email me at luke@mcgeeracing.com and I can help you out. We build a truck ton of stock appearing engines and supply parts to a lot of engine builders all over the country. There is a lot of bad information out there be cautious.
I’ve never had a complete McGee engine, but I can say for a fact that when I swapped from a 308 dyno to one of his cams that it made a difference I could feel.
My engine is basically what’s described above. Good head, your typical bottom end, McGee cam, and a 28mm flat slide. I race in our local open against guys That aren’t afraid to spend lots of money with big name builders , and take them to the woodshed pretty regularly.

You can get with me on Facebook or email me at luke@mcgeeracing.com and I can help you out. We build a truck ton of stock appearing engines and supply parts to a lot of engine builders all over the country. There is a lot of bad information out there be cautious.
hey you wouldnt mind if I sent you an email to pick your brain about stock appearing would you

Back