Buller '97 Offset

I have a Buller '97 Offset. My cousin raced it in the early 2000s for a few years and it sat in as dry garage since. I am introducing my son to the sport this year. I am looking for any info on that model I can find; setup sheets, marketing info, etc.

I am getting it close but struggling to get enough cross into it. It handled good last race but I have to run a tall RF tire to get it to 55-58% and tighten up. It would get loose mid turn and out with 53% or less. Maybe a little bent? I believe it to be 4130 so I can't figure it wore out, however, quite a flex kart.

Also, the camber pills don't allow me to get to the modern -2.5 / +.5 that I see recommended. Curious what would have been recommended by Kermit when that chassis came out, or if I should make new pills?

Any feedback is appreciated. TIA

I had a 99 buller demon, the tightest kart I ever seen, it had to be spot on to get the thing to turn, but we had to run a lot castor on the front, and low cross, them karts were built for low cross, that 58% you talk about, I think is too much, we were in the 53-56 range. Now with that being said, in them days the tire game was not big like it is now, I didn't now what prep was, with the right tires and grip you might be able to run a little different set up numbers.

I have a Buller '97 Offset. My cousin raced it in the early 2000s for a few years and it sat in as dry garage since. I am introducing my son to the sport this year. I am looking for any info on that model I can find; setup sheets, marketing info, etc.

I am getting it close but struggling to get enough cross into it. It handled good last race but I have to run a tall RF tire to get it to 55-58% and tighten up. It would get loose mid turn and out with 53% or less. Maybe a little bent? I believe it to be 4130 so I can't figure it wore out, however, quite a flex kart.

Also, the camber pills don't allow me to get to the modern -2.5 / +.5 that I see recommended. Curious what would have been recommended by Kermit when that chassis came out, or if I should make new pills?

Any feedback is appreciated. TIA
What's your nose % age, and your left ?
What cambers can you get ?

First, thanks for the replies. I realize it is a low cross cart, but it really came around with 57-58% cross, 55% left, and 54.5% rear; however, I am almost certain the chassis is bent as right front spindle is dropped as far as it can be and LF spindle is biased up. I ended up with a 34.4 circumference tire on the RF and a sorta hung out RR to get it to tighten up and get over about 53% cross.

With the pills that are in it, I can get to -1 RF camber and -1.9LF camber. This puts the pills in a location of nearly as designed caster.

Over the off season, I plan to straighten it so that I end up with about 55% cross with 34" right side rollers and neutral spindle heights, and reasonable RR offset. I will then try to make or find pills with more offset to achieve the correct camber. Our main tracks we run are fairly flat tracks.

I think a more neutral setup might allow us to run lower cross. The modern tire game may change what is needed of the low cross chassis but I will just have to find out.

Thanks again.

Here we go .
20220915_120906.jpg
20220915_121216.jpg

Something interesting was the part using a level to get camber flat on both side with the wheel turned 1/2 way

Back