Buller twin carbs loading up

If you don't have enough gear, it will act as you stated. Your carb settings are close enough that I would look at the gear. How many RPMs are you turning, mid corner? It needs to be over 10,000. I would prefer 10,400, minimum.
Mike

If you don't have enough gear, it will act as you stated. Your carb settings are close enough that I would look at the gear. How many RPMs are you turning, mid corner? It needs to be over 10,000. I would prefer 10,400, minimum.
Mike

Yeah Mike i think he has his stall speed too low, we got him to bump it up some and it helped but your on the right track. no pun intended lol. He hasn't stuck it yet so he's doing good.

hoppy. i agree w/ grady!him and i ran those carbs sincs their inception by buller!keep moving the stall up from 10200 (LOW) to 10500 or 10600 will make the engine free up and the carbs will do their job. you will notice a hell of a difference in performance. jmho. john. bully clutch? maybe a bit more disc wear? depends on the driver of kart.

Mike,

Took carbs off today at the suggestion of Ed Schriefels. Turns out I have a broken reed.
Copy and paste this address bar to look at Pic
s1303.photobucket.com/user/Robert_Hoskinson/media/IMG_5792_zpsc375374d.jpg.html?filters[/url][user]=133268934&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

Thanks,

Hoppy

John turns out reed is broken. Wayne and Ed said to contact you. Do you have any? Also look at post above for pic of reed.

Thanks,

Hoppy

John has plenty of reeds. Do you need big cage or small cage reeds. The address takes me right back to here, not a picture. Course, I'm doing in on my phone.
Mike

Fer sure , get some reeds from John Hilton, I've been using them for yrs., best deal around. if you have problems with the retaining screws, stripping the Phillips socket, just use a Dremel tool to make a cross slot in them, or , often a real small Vise -Grip pliars on the o.d. of the head might work.

Last edited:
Jack,

Looks like that is going to be a problem. Screws don't want to come out. What about heating up first in oven?

Hoppy

hoppy. do what jack says w/ the super small vice grip! if the are phillip head ? ? vise grips should do the job? large or amall reeds? yours maybe one in a thousand that i have had broken? send me reeds and i will replce them on charge ! 5.00 ship! or send the whole cage? john hilton 11300 jefferson av cincinnati,ohio 45241

hoppy. looks like it backfired to me while running? have reeds lg an small w/ replace free ! 5.00 $ship. send them to me in an envelope .john hilton 11300 jefferson av cincinnati,ohio 45241

John, You da man! Sending whole cage tomorrow. I'll give you my Fed Ex number to return it with.

Thanks,

Hoppy

No problem.......been there, done that! When ever you attempt to do something new, you should be able to rely on friends/competitors to help you out. I hope we help you get you up to speed quickly. That way, you can enjoy your new engine.
Mike

thanks mike for the help!. and bulldog,way to go to help a fellow racer! happy holidays. john ( ed. want your bulldog jacket back?

Back