Buller twin carbs loading up

Hoppy

I recently installed a Sudam 131 w/ twin buller carbs. As I understand they are new. I took the kart out this past weekend. Stated high and low needles at 1 and 1/2 turns. The kart would load up coming out of turns and clear near end of straight. I turned high and low in 1/8 turn each with not much more success. Only got on track three times so not much info to work with. Any suggestions?

My question is do you all think the low needs turned in some more?

Hoppy

Find you an empty parking lot without obstructions. Put you a low gear on like 8.2/8.5 ratio, and make passes till you get it to run clean then richen back slightly for the track.

Check the pop-off to make sure you don't have a leaky needle and seat, should be around 7 to 8, if everything looks good there then ya your gonna have to lean on the needles some more.

Pop off should be 8.5 on the top carb and 7.5 on the bottom. If they are billets set the fulcrum height at .075 and .065 on the 360a set ups. These carbs should run 13/8 to 11/2 on the low and 11/2 or better on the high. If you are not in that ballpark you have some kind of a problem.

Top carb 1 1/4L, 1 7/8H bottom carb 1 1/2L, 1 7/8H these are my base settings for when I show up to the track. Typically I need to lean the top carb a scooch on both needles to clean up the throttle lag. Bottom carb has a harder time pulling upside down so I tend to do my adjusting on the one that doesn't. This is just my experience take from it what you may.

Double check pop off as said in other post! Leaky needle seats are a major cause of tuning headaches and lackluster performance. Then do empty parking lot tests as SEAY suggests. Will get you darn close for race night, and let u focus on racing and not needle adjustments.

Mr windle i run ur motor @1-3/8 on all and temp never gets over 200 and runs like a AIDS INFECTED PITBULL lol 13,800 14,300

Yes On the gauge. Temp never climbed above 160. BTW kind of cool to be blogging with members of the "Dog Pound"! Us kids look up to you guys! Thanks for the help, and I'm sure I'll need more.

Hoppy

Mr windle i run ur motor @1-3/8 on all and temp never gets over 200 and runs like a AIDS INFECTED PITBULL lol 13,800 14,300

Oh darn, I must have sold you one of the good sets of carbs, you need to send them back! Glad it worked out for you. This time of the year is when I send them back to Mark to see if they need freshened up. Then it should run all next year, just a thought, good luck Man.

I’ve never run those carbs, but I have run duel carbs a lot.
When I was rich on the low speed, I would close the low speed needles a little and open the high speed needles a little. If it’s rich on the low speed, what else can you do? With your temps as low as they are, I really don’t think you need to worry about it.
People tell you where to start, but that’s only to start, after that you do what you need to do.
Air density can make a big difference in carb settings. Do you know what the air density is where you’re at?

No on the Air Density question. I live in Tampa and race around Florida mostly. Thanks again for the input.

Hoppy, if that is the engine I think it is you might want to speak the person you got it from directly,,,,,,,,,,,,just sayin

I have been talking with him. He never ran this carb. He has been unavailable somewhat do to some health issues with his father. He is in agreement that I need to lean it some on the bottom. I am going to take it to OSP tomorrow and see what I can do.

I have been talking with him. He never ran this carb. He has been unavailable somewhat do to some health issues with his father. He is in agreement that I need to lean it some on the bottom. I am going to take it to OSP tomorrow and see what I can do.

Are they the new billet carbs or the tillotson body carbs?

Back