Bullring track gearing

bullerman

I think I asked this before but can't find the thread. Short track bull ring. Approximately 475' track. Tight turns
Low grip. Unrestricted clone 365lb
Weight. Clutch engagement, gearing and what rpm should I try for. Thanks

Indoor tracks around here you really need an 11 unless you run the big treads that are taller than 34in. At 12/75 we survived in a junior class but its dragging the ground at some points.

I am 410# and race on a similar size and type track in Ohio . I am on a 11/60 -62 or a 12/64-66 , but most of the time the 11/60 works the best and turning the engine between 6800 to 7000 and never hardly lift off the gas . Engine drops in the corners has been around 400 to 600 RPM's , which is most likely due to the tight corners and my fat 250# body weight , lol . Have been wondering about bringing the RPM's down to around 6500 to 6700 to see how it does , hoping winter gets over with so I can get back at it .

I am 410# and race on a similar size and type track in Ohio . I am on a 11/60 -62 or a 12/64-66 , but most of the time the 11/60 works the best
Here's a gear ratio chart showing the gear ratios in the range you run. Give's you an idea of how many axle teeth you need to add with the addition of one engine tooth. This chart can also show you the differences in ratios if you have a Jack shaft. It's included with my Excel "nine sheets" collection of over 40 spreadsheet utilities for karting.
Email: alvinnunley62@gmail.com for your free copy.
gear ratios 1.jpg

Back